Tom Waits for Dublin (1 Viewer)

re: tickets on sale again - WTF?

a mate i work with just checked online and there's tickets available in block B, 15 ROWS ahead of where he bought his!
How the fuck can ticketmaster get away with that?

CUNTS!!!

They just get away with it all the time. A complaint is being made right away, I'll be interested in hearing what if any excuse they come up with.

i was told before that when that happens it's unused press and complementary tickets that have been returned, or something along those lines

i phoned ticketmaster yesterday... they told me all they did was release what they were given by aiken on their instructions... so i phoned aiken... they told me that they were returns... quite often, returns are due to credit card fraud and other nefarious reasons... these returns were tickets held by the artist that were not needed...

...seems a plausible reason...

...but it is only one side of the story so there could be spin... either way, it could and should be handled more sensitively by the promoter / ticketmaster...

one side of the story? what other reason would there be behind this? the way I see it : Aiken get to make their money on unused tickets , and fans who missed out first time get a second chance.

fans who missed out first time get a second chance.

Again that's one viewpoint. I know there will be a lot of aggrieved people who bought the first time and are now sitting in shittier seats than the lucky last minuters. The fairest way to do it would be to upgrade everyone's seats and sell the ones down the back, but of course that just wouldn't be good business.

one side of the story? what other reason would there be behind this? the way I see it : Aiken get to make their money on unused tickets , and fans who missed out first time get a second chance.

of course it's only one side of the story... i only talked to one side... the other side might agree but i have no way of knowing...

the fairest way is as wheels said to allow a first come first served upgrade basis and then resell those old tickets... but that requires a bit of extra work and time... something that could have easily been sorted...

really, it's just poor customer relations but that's nothing new...

Good business?
It would be a monumental pain in the ass.
So what, they shuffle everyone up a couple of rows? Hire a few dozen highly competent ushers to seat everyone seeing as NOBODY would be capable of finding there seat unaided?
What if you're moved from a central seat to a seat right on the edge but a row in front?

Jesus get over it. EVERY gig has some sort of returns. Just so happens that there were a lot of returns for this, what with tickets being non transferable and there being a pretty large interest in this tour from rather high up industry heads.

in fairness, i'd stop worrying about how the world of ticket sales isn't as 'right on' as you might want it to be. as Voidoid said, could you imagine bumping people up a view rows?

it's not the Lower Deck guys!

not bump them up... take the 100 or so returns and offer them as an upgrade... it may be unworkable but it may be not...

...at the least, you should get an email explaining more tickets are going on sale and for what reason...

it is shabby customer service... pretty simple... people get pissed off and you can see why... a bit of courtesy and thinking would stop all the negative press ticketmaster and / or the big promoters get...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back