"Thumped is for pricks these days" - Discuss (4 Viewers)

Originally posted by Unregistered
Why are we having this discussion? What was so remarkably different to what went on yesterday than anything else that happened over the last 3 years? Any why hasn't anyone been banned?

i think pete banned himself for a day.
for being touchy. :p

something makes me think maybe someone's nose was put out of joint... then maybe that was mention to pete. then maybe that person's mate said something too. and pete took it to heart. so, there ye go, problem solved. can we just get back to being pricks now?

I really think there's no need to make a fuss out of this... I've been posting here for about one year and there's always been a few pricks (like in every board) and many lovely people.

Through Thumped I got to learn a lot about the Irish music scene and the music industry in general, got a lot of advice and met people (E.G. Dubh, THiNGs, etc.) who made a big difference in my band's development.

Morello's studio/album/independent label project would have never started and/or worked out without Thumped.

It's true that a few "entertaining" characters aren't posting any longer but it's also true there are many new members.

The discussion can be very boring or very animated depending on the day but I think this is totally normal. Besides, Thumped is the only thing that helps me bear the boredom of this bleeding day job

So, to Pete and everybody goes a big THANK YOU!

This thread is pointless.... there, i said it !ninjaaaa

"We don't 'celebrate ourselves', we just like playing with all our own friends bands and not with people we don't know" :- quote from Ian, C4O

i'm sure that must've been said in a particular context. like in response to the 'scene that celebrates itself' comments.

nah, ian's just crazy. he'll say anything for a schmoke.

Originally posted by conor
i'm sure that must've been said in a particular context. like in response to the 'scene that celebrates itself' comments.

1.too much shite about local gigs - i.e. "where's the love man"

Some potential in this, but then where else would we go?

4.too many threads about threads
7.too much politics
8.too many user cliques

Sort of Agreed, but you dont have to read those threads, or posts if you dont like.
On the other hand, there seems to be a little thing developing up above there about somone getting a nose job - that seems a bit cliquey, why not just spit it out and be done with it...

10.too many old user names, not funny anymore

Dont get it - elaborate.

2.too much crap about about the war
3.too many people who dont work in I.T.
6.not enough arriving at work drunk on monday
9.not enough drugs

...Em - Is this an escapism thing?

too many nordies?
Who said it was going to shite pete? - they had this on FF a while ago, It sort of built up over a few weeks and then everything just went back to normal overnight...

yes and when i say out him i mean take him outside shoot him then see if he has anything deadly in his pockets like a flicknife style comb or a packet of juicy fruits and claim them as a reward.

and then...............

Attachments

• party%20with%20kids.jpeg
    party%20with%20kids.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 62
Pete
I fucking love thumped.
Through it I've met a load of people I like, at a stage (an age) where you don't really expect to be making new friends, y'know. I've found out about loads of music I wouldn't have found out about otherwise, people have heard my own band that wouldn't otherwise.
If it's taking too much out of you I'm more than happy to share some of the work

so unclealo, were you the pope or was someone else the pope?

pope pope pope

is the pope a dope? we hope
does he like a grope? nope

so anyway, spill the beans

I was the pope for yesterday. Lorcanzo started it and passed it on. Not sure if anyone else was involved. So anyways I gets in character and low Hag and Andy step up like they've at least a pair between them. So then there's loads of 'banter' and that's when the shakedown happen. 'Quiche?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back