Thumped F.C. (1 Viewer)

I'd still be conceding them now if EA servers hadn't gone awol.
I think you leaving and me joining was the kiss of death for the Prix.
Good skit but.

I think you leaving and me joining was the kiss of death for the Prix.

I don't think so. I think there was an even spread of howlers between us all evening. I lost count of the amount of times I tried a low cross field pass in our half and sent it straight to an opposing attacker.

Practically every goal we conceded was 3 attackers against one defender. Surely we can fix that by dicking around with the formation/strategy settings.

The fans want the board sacked at this stage.

The problem as I see it is this. Its more fun to play as any, but this leads to the teams shape going to shit. But then if you play in a set position the shape is better, but its not as much fun as you're waiting round a lot of the time.

I think Johnny should be captain, the one game where he was in charge of tactics we won, he seemed to have used some manner of witchcraft.

I'll be on early again tonight if people are up for it.

I believe we have a talanted enough squad to dig ourselves out of this mess!!! :eek:

Hey, I'm no Trevor Francis, but I've been playing a ton of Fifa lately (I even joined a league I found via the official xbox forums) - so this is what I reckon the state of play is.

We absolutely have to have proper tactics (with a good defensive setup) in place before we take to the field. Ossie Ardiles would have put out better organised sides than us. One day I sat down and put some effort into figuring out how the tactics really work, as I got sick of getting overrun by teams who seemed to be able to pass through me at will, with the minimum of effort - and similarly they were able to close me down and nick the ball off me with ease too.

I've got some decent tactics in place now which for the most part stops even the better players waltzing through my defence. Of course I'll still get the occasional hammering by really good players, but thems the breaks.

It seems if you set "aggression" to high, then your players are better at closing down and nicking the ball off the opposition. It's worth noting that the tackling system doesn't seem to work the same way as in PES. There isn't a "standing tackle" or "block tackle" button, just "press" buttons. I find that there's no need to press a button to win a standing tackle. Using the "jockey" buttons is much more important. For example, if you position your full back correctly and jockey a winger, your player will have a better than decent chance of automatically sticking out a leg to block a cross into the box. Holding down the "defensive press" buttons and sprint buttons will make us play like a bunch of eager 8 yr olds. A simple change of direction by the attacker, will see 2 or 3 of our defenders wrong footed. It's also important to have a reasonably deep defence. Pushing up to the halfway line against a Ronaldo or Mancini is suicide.

Something you only seem to get in on-line team play is the horrible sight of 3 attackers running at 1 defender. I think some of the opposition might be controlling forwards only and just standing on the shoulder of our last man. If they time it right, we're toast. ALso if we're "pressing" too much and are attracted to the ball, an accurate forward pass or side-step takes a chunk of our team outta the game.

So that's my 2 cents. Shove it! .|..|

file.php

Something you only seem to get in on-line team play is the horrible sight of 3 attackers running at 1 defender.

This is our biggest weakness if you ask me. We need to call for balls more instead of saying nothing and all chasing the man with possession.

Too much negativity here lads, let's focus on the positives. We've perfected our headless chicken playing style, and for that we should be congratulated.

What about if we play 5 at the back?
I need to learn to jockey better.
I'll be on around 7.30 again too.

Depends what way you have your controls set up, but jockeying is just one button. You hold it down and instead of running towards your own goal, you edge backwards - facing your opponent. You basically "hold them up" and it's much easier to tackle/nick the ball that way.

Check out the control setting in Fifa and it'll tell ya the buzz..|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|

Now if you look at the diagram - we need to get a couple of nippy wingers workin either or both flanks whist managing to keep at least two totemistic defenders holding the back line.

Are we stuck as Valencia?

Attachments

• 467.JPG
    467.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 14
Nope we can change to whoever we fancy. Any suggestions? Barca? AC?

I'm happy with anyone apart from united and the scum.

Ah I always regarded united as the scum.

I don't mind playing as arsenal, inter, ac, barcelona, seville, bayern etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back