Thumped Cover Challenge No.3 - "The Years" - 1979 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ogy
  • Start date
  • Replies 104
  • Views 21K
  • Watchers 1
That's top class...reminds me of Simple Kid, who I love.

What did you use for the drums?

yo thanks duder!

there are three drum tracks going on

one at about 9 o'clock, single mic, 6ft out, this has got lots of hats in it, then recorded another drum track panned at 2 o'clock, played with no hats, more bass, mic'd from the same distance... both these tracks were then spliced into 8 bar loops and aligned with each other

then the tom fills are panned about centre, with reverb and a stereo enhancer, mic'd about 8ft back and then chopped up a bit to sound really tight

I did crash cymbals on a whole other track too and all. deadly.

Right, this was released as a single across Europe in eastern europe in 1979 so it counts, RIGHT?

It probably shouldn't though....I deliberately did it the exact same, cos the original is mental enough.

http://www.thedudleycorporation.com/TH/hmm.mp3

eh..thats sensational, DudCorp...I'm never in the slightest interested in the techspec but please tell us who released it, what its called and where you came across it...sounds like a 'Black Cat/White Cat' Bulgarian thing.

don't have time to do it now but if someone PMs me the links i'll upload them all here again

Sounds great Beanstalk. A brave choice and the vocals sound great.

Cheers Wilbert...I just sang every line about 8 times, and threw them altogether...couldn't be bothered whittling down each take, so ended up with a choir of Beanstalks! Then I gave the last few bars in the Outro the castration treatment using Melodyne.

I was wondering that too. Back to a single artist or another theme/year challenge?

Well, Hayworth, you were the first to post a cover specifically recorded for the challenge and under the rules laid down at the start of these challenges, you get to choose the next one.

I would suggest a theme or an artist rather than a year.

Get yer thinking hat on. I have a lot of time on my hands!

Well, Hayworth, you were the first to post a cover specifically recorded for the challenge and under the rules laid down at the start of these challenges, you get to choose the next one.

I would suggest a theme or an artist rather than a year.

Get yer thinking hat on. I have a lot of time on my hands!

How about Elton John?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back