thumped.com site subscriptions (1 Viewer)

Re: I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay

it's good for the video games and dvd's tho

subscribing sounds doable. Why not create a "welcome pack" when you subscribe you get a load of stickers or something. Or a t-shirt? Extra insentive like.

Doing work and not getting paid sucks the worst. Soon it'll make you resent thumped and just end up not giving a shit about it.

As soon as we have something to advertise.....

this is fucked up... the last time i felt like this was the last time i went to mass and they passed around the collections basket. i think i'm going to be sick...
i didn't even know about the e-bay thing or else i would have donated. why don't you set yourself up to accept paypal donations? loads of sites like this do that... right now i'm feeling i'd pay 20 euros a year just to be able to post, never mind all the other shit and i'm sure most other people would too...

I suppose the danger is that you set this up because you wanted to, Pete. It has grown into a very positive (although at times that can be debatable) thing for the Irish independent music community. It has helped people in that community and that should be remembered.

As things stand now you can pull the plug at any time. If you start charging people that option may dwindle for you. Also you will be answerable to peoples demands. Is there a figure on what you require? How about we all donate the money - people here know this is a good thing, you don't need to display any facts or figures for what their 20 Euro might do.

I'll give you 50 EURO and you can take my ad down Pete and I'm glad of thumped's existence up to now, whatever about the future. Also a benefit gig would be a great idea but it takes people to put it together. I haven't the inclination, does anyone else?

PS You even got me signing up for Ebay....

niallmc said:
I suppose the danger is that you set this up because you wanted to, Pete. It has grown into a very positive (although at times that can be debatable) thing for the Irish independent music community. It has helped people in that community and that should be remembered.

As things stand now you can pull the plug at any time. If you start charging people that option may dwindle for you. Also you will be answerable to peoples demands. Is there a figure on what you require? How about we all donate the money - people here know this is a good thing, you don't need to display any facts or figures for what their 20 Euro might do.

this is a really good point.. i'm happy to hand over a eur20 'donation' if it helps

I'm already registered with eBay, presumably that means there's no point registering again ...
I'd be more than happy to subscribe Pete, but I guess it would have implications for you ... but then I spose pulling the plug whenever you feel like it isn't really an option for you even now when no-one's paying, is it?

That's fair enough Pete, for all the effort you put in and all that everyone gets out of thumped.com, it actually seems like a teeny amount. What's the best way to pay?

I often download freeware for my mac... teeny little apps that make the experiance a little more pleasent... the people who write these apps mostly do it for fun and put them out cos they think its cool... on their sites they have an option to donate a few bob if you like the program...
to be honest a lot of the stuff aint worth it... but theres two particular programs I use EVERY time I use my mac... and I've donated... just cos I wanted to. no obligation.

as for thumped, givin the same option... you see where I'm going with this...

sayin'

Where's the bile? Where's the abuse? Where's the venom?

Don't let me down here, people...

don't be silly... you know most of us love you. i am not most of us. i adore you.
pete said:

pete said:

whats the matter Pete? Tiockets for Wrestlgaymania take a hike?

Mrs Brady needs new shoes?

The christmas roof lights running a little over budget?

etc, etc, etc

oh yeah, and the thing I suggest but dont organise:

What about just doing a gig/pissup that costs 20 quid to get in?

!ninjaaaa

while i appreciate the suggestions, i don't think a benefit gig is the way to go

this thing needs to be self-sustaining, and I don't think having a benefit is the way to go.

Plus it'd be too tempting for me - i'd probably do a runner with the cash.

Pantone247 said:
whats the matter Pete? Tiockets for Wrestlgaymania take a hike?
Don't mention the war.

Mrs Brady needs new shoes?
Always... always.

The christmas roof lights running a little over budget?
I was looking at some in What? out in the blanch centre. Pricey stuff alright. Clery's have some sort of animatronic one's too. Swish, but pricey....

etc, etc, etc
yup

It sounds like 20.00 is well worth the money, its a great site and it has benefited the likes of us. If you went down the road of a Fundraiser, Helter Shelter would love to support you on the night. Keep up the great work.

The more i think about it i think voluntry payment/donation is the way to go. You dont want to scare off any new comers with a pay-to-join thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back