Thumped Christmas do - Dec 23rd, Crawdaddy (7 Viewers)

Should there be a christmas do this year?

• Total voters
Re: Thumped Christmas do 2004

nlgbbbblth said:
didn't watch Star Wars. Anyone?
was it the original (come on you bastard Lucas, release it on DVD) or the 1997 upgrade I wonder?
or the 2004 upgrade... i think lucas has an orwellian desire to oppress the classics.

the change i hated most was the x-wings taking off in the 97 version, where they go up all slow. in the old one you just saw these groups of three red lights zipping across the sky. awesome.

aoifed said:
My birthday, which is clearly the soundest day of the year, is on the 21st. Normally I am promoting some kind of stoopid electronica Christmas show, but this year I have refused. Instead, I'm going to offer to get stressed about getting my decks home again. .|..|

ooh, Muscle Bee-atch, I hope you're not implying that I don't like star wars. I'm all for making friends but I can't turn a blind eye to a misinterpretation like that. Or else I just don't get the joke. Either way, you may still be on your own, you poor lonely lamb.
well it can't be the 20th, because that's morrissey night and mrs pete would not forgive me after i accidentaly had last years on the same night as her work do.

pete said:
well it can't be the 20th, because that's morrissey night and mrs pete would not forgive me after i accidentaly had last years on the same night as her work do.
Do it in the 20s! It will give those of us who are disgruntled at the prospect of not being part of Christmas hype something to do.

I'm so selfish.

Bradyfest!

pete said:
Why don't we just go to Mrs. Pete's work do?

Gong Farmer said:
Why don't we just go to Mrs. Pete's work do?
I 'yay' that
and 'nay' doyles as the smell is too unpredictable.

also could some bands not sacrifice a bit of sound and just play
through their amps? a la gallery gigs stylee?

Anthony said:
Do it in Toners. and don't have it the same night as the RoadRelish christmas party.

oh. and I'll dj
why don't some of the people that post here on thumped, who
are planning on having their own christmas party, not just combine
them all?

Make one day long event and save everyone some money and hangovers?

e.g Ballroom, thumped, Road relish etc etc all in the one big
venue.

There's always way too much stuff on over christmas.

I also think Beards of Jesus should be headlining the event
as they fit into the seasonal thing so well.

hag said:
it's always good fun but i can't go this year either so, whatever.
you went last year

i have the googly eyed photo to prove it

sarah said:
Post it up!

PC190089_JPG.jpg

:D

ha ha ha, yeah, i wore speed racer's tag, it was rad. yeah, likes i said, it's always fun but i'm over here right up til the 24th this year so can't make it... so it won't be as much fun, obviously. a ho ho ho, i just make a joke, ho ho ho.

i name that portrait "eyebrows and pupils".

whatabout an out-of-towner? yeah it'd be less convenient for the majority of the thumpedsters who are based in town but the upside is "relocation breeds adventure". maybe one of thumped's regional correspondents could suggest their town as a rockin place for a hoe down. i think it'd do you jaded dublin scenesters the power of good to "get out of it" (the pale that is) for the christmas do. i vote for edenderry. renting a venue would be cheap. beer'd be very cheap. and B&Bs would be optional. getting involved in the customary post closing-time main street fisticuffs wouldn't tho. or howabout somewhere by the sea? are we allowed be a little more imaginative than another-room-in-the-same-building-as-last-year? fuck edenderry. whatabout helsinki?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back