Thumped Christmas Do - A Suggestion (1 Viewer)

pete said:
Someone needs to explain this right now.

Can't explain what pantone was banging on about, but the palace is(was?) the venue of choice for drunk rugby players and stupid orange women to get in fights and arrange date rapes

Lolo said:
Well, they never had gigs there when I lived round the corner (in what is now Chateau d'Ian). But I've been in exile for 2 years now.
are you coming back for The Christmas then??

I can't believe it's been 2 years! Jaysis.

Lolo said:
(in what is now Chateau d'Ian).
hee hee, I'm going to call it that from now on:D

Whever made the compilation CD i got last year can have it back cos it was... how do I put this nicely... Bleedin Rubbish

The Palace has well deserved rep for being a magnet for rugby rapists, screaming yellow 16 year olds and dirty old men.
Of late though, and much to my delight, they have cleaned up their act and the place is a refreshing alternative to jam packed Whelans or the Village for a late pint. The music downstairs can be a bit ropey, some good pop, but not half as bad as it used to be. The music upstairs is really good most of the time, they have pool tables, and they show the football (I couldn't give a toss but I know some people may, fools).
I'm being an awful spa trying to sell the place seeing as one of the charming things about it is that it's always half empty, but it definitely gets my approval as a venue for the Christmas bash. Also alot more spacious- that was hella packed and uncomfortable last year in Doyles.
Is the Hub where Switch used to be- basement of that dump? I hate it hate it hate it. Switch was a smelly little dive. No offence Pantone though- I haven't been there since it was switch. ugh.

aoifed said:
No offence Pantone though-

:( :( :( :( x 10,000,000

:)
:p
:rolleyes:
:)

I was never in switch, cause I hate rave music, but I was impressed with The Hub. It was all shiny and new so i presume they've renovated lots.

And I've got high standards I'll have you know, at least 20 times higher then most of the scum on this board. Present company excluded.

our Official Work christmas party is fancy dress this year.

and what could be more festive than a Cowboys & Indians theme?

oh boy.

Ian said:
hee hee, I'm going to call it that from now on:D
Only if you start making your own wine on the premises.

Yes, it was exactly 2 years last weekend. Shockin' huh? Hoping to come back for The Christmas, hoping even to get over for a wedding in November.

Glad to hear the Palace has improved, it was a stinking pus-ridden carbuncle on the arse of Camden street.

cassette/tape said:
Gardner, whose close-cropped hair, cherubic face, luminous and fun-loving personality, and grin you could pour on waffles make him look like the down-home country boy John Denver sang of.
gee, how cute! anyone for fat-sweaty-american-wrestler-flavoured waffles, the ones that John Denver sings about?

Wait just one minute.

Are you seriously considering the palace? Is the downstairs still called Planet Murphys? Hasn't there been a shocking amount of blood spilled on those steps though. Probably more than the Foxhound, even....

F

Image/Blood

Lay-dee! You so 2000!

Yes, a few years ago someone was murdered shortly after emerging from Planet Murphy's. But they changed the name so it's okay!

PLUS! Since then they've really cleaned up the image/blood!

roxy said:
Wait just one minute.

Are you seriously considering the palace? Is the downstairs still called Planet Murphys? Hasn't there been a shocking amount of blood spilled on those steps though. Probably more than the Foxhound, even....

F

Pantone247 said:
Tomangos!
Tamangos: Where the Gang Goes. Yes! And everyone can go skinny dippin in the black black sea at 3am. Tremendous.

Did you know that in Tamangos they sell chicken and chips in a little hatch thing. Inside, in the main body of the place I mean.

Now that's a club. :D

I was there once, after a board christmas dinner for the station. What a motley crew we were - me, two 40-something men, a middle aged woman and a sixty-seven year old man (who they were nearly going to refuse because he was so old. Fuckin hilarious).|..|

roxy said:
Wait just one minute.

F
See them posts above. It is difficult to imagine but the place is great. No longer called Planet Murphy's, I don't think. You rarely see bouncers either- and considering the vicious vegetables they used to have manning the door there, combined with the lack of troublesome folk, it's ace brilliant.
Failing that, I do wanna go to Tomangos (where the gang goes) or maybe Copperface Jacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back