Thumped Christmas Do - A Suggestion (1 Viewer)

thursdays is nurses night... i used to go there when i was in college, it was so handy, just around the corner, i was in earlsfort terrace... and, get this, instead of taking my stds away, the nurses gave me more. no shit.

well, maybe a little tiny bit of poo...

aoifed said:
... or maybe Copperface Jacks.

roxy said:
Tamangos: Where the Gang Goes. Yes! And everyone can go skinny dippin in the black black sea at 3am. Tremendous.
apparently, they now use the slogan "where the gang still goes".

roxy said:
Did you know that in Tamangos they sell chicken and chips in a little hatch thing. Inside, in the main body of the place I mean.
they used to have a chip hatch in night owls of ranelagh too, still categorically the worst nightclub i have ever been in. there were enormous pauses between the records, and said records were all terrible eighties tunes with a casio keyboard stylee "dance beat" under them. class.

Great Stuff

Our school debs was in Tamango's. Which was great because the girl I'd asked to go with me a few months previously was, by the time the debs came round, now going out with a friend of mine.

Which was great because as soon as we got in the door, she made a bee-line for him.

Which was great because she spent the whole night getting off with him.

Which was great because I was really jealous.

Which was great.

my debs was in Tomangos

:rolleyes:

Shennanigans in Skerries, or Club Ocean I think it is now, also do the food thing, sausage and chips in this case. I think it's all a legal throw back to the old nightclub licencing laws.

Not that I got there...

Not since they, with the straighest of faces, asked for 12.50 euro to get in on a saturday night.... heh heh heh I still find that hilarious...

Re: Great Stuff

Anne we should go to the next debs in Tomango... doesn't matter who's it is... we shall go and avenge our teenage selves.. and finally make peace with our pasts.

And by make peace with our past I mean score all the young hot chicks.

Here did you walk into all the mirrors everywhere? It took me three walking smack into a wall of mirrors to realsie the club is actually 10 ft by 10ft but due to a clever use of mirrors and plastic palm trees it looks a lot bigger

Anne OMalley said:
Our school debs was in Tamango's. Which was great because the girl I'd asked to go with me a few months previously was, by the time the debs came round, now going out with a friend of mine.

Which was great because as soon as we got in the door, she made a bee-line for him.

Which was great.

I was in Tamangos this year, and apart from the music and the prices it's a pretty good club. Not the tack-fest I had imagined. They even had a full taxi rank waiting outside. And no sign of any chicken in a basket - I think the licensing laws have been changed so it's not necessary anymore.

Pantone247 said:
we should go to the next debs in Tomango
My brother went to our old school's debs (or 'grad' as they call it down Wexico way) earlier on this year. Kind of by accident - he was returning home from town with his girlfriend, saw lights on in a place and went in ... and then realised the place was full of his old teachers (he left school in 1995 I think). Didn't stop him staying all night, mind

Mental, says he. All the girls were well turned out, but the boys had long since lost bow-ties and jackets, and were all leaping around together in a big sweaty herd in the middle of the dance floor with their shirts hanging out. The place stank of vomit and everyone was drinking pints of some green stuff ... "I don't even know what young people are drinking these days", says the brother

Pantone247 said:
Tomangos!

I;ve forgotten how good Gene Pitney and Marc Almonds version of 'Somethings got a hold of my heart' is.. the dinky xylophone intro is deadly

I've got the 12" of this

Anne OMalley said:

Which was great.

I took a guy who turned up at my house with a hair do much like crusty the clowns

he ignored me all night

then one of his mates got sick on the hem of my black velvet with antique golden trim medevial inspired goth frock

then he was so pissed he never got off the bus en route from the hotel to the nightclub and had to sleep in a barn

it was possibly the finest night of my life

When I moved to Dublin first I got a shock to the system...
Everyone in my class in collage decided it would be great to go on a getting-to-know-everyone night out... Knowing noone in Dublin and still getting to grips with the fact that when something is deadly, it's actually a positive thing, I aggreed...

We went to Hollywood Nights in Stillorgan...

Long story short... I diddent hang out with those who were there for the next 4 years...

Anne OMalley said:

Which was great.
If your stuck for a few bob, you could sell this to John Hughes

I didn't go to my debs

I was too much of an antisocial bore

ugh

I found out 6 years later that THE MOST beautiful, unbelievably attractive, incredibly wonderful, out of my league girl in my school was GOING to ask me but she was too shy.

I think I vomited for 18 hours

hows that for Secrets and Lies!

why not have a debs themed christmas party??

i never went to my debs either. i just knew it could never live up to the end of footloose or pretty in pink

minka said:
they used to have a chip hatch in night owls of ranelagh too, still categorically the worst nightclub i have ever been in. there were enormous pauses between the records, and said records were all terrible eighties tunes with a casio keyboard stylee "dance beat" under them. class.
I missed out on Shite Owls, sadly. I greatly regret never having sampled the place, 'specially as I only live up the road from it. Ah well. Maybe I should give (to use its all-new moniker) "Club Mondo" a go.

Ian said:
When I moved to Dublin first I got a shock to the system...
Everyone in my class in collage decided it would be great to go on a getting-to-know-everyone night out... Knowing noone in Dublin and still getting to grips with the fact that when something is deadly, it's actually a positive thing, I aggreed...

We went to Hollywood Nights in Stillorgan...

Long story short... I diddent hang out with those who were there for the next 4 years...
hey ian I used to work in Hollwood Nights (or Hollywood Fights) or as it I think it was known then Flamingos. My job was dishing out the beef curry's which you got for free when you paid in. Lovely stuff. The great thing about it was that after taking the order from the punter you went behind a partition to fill the plate for him/her and could decide, based on their general attitude, whether they deserved any "extras" with the curry.

hugh said:
hey ian I used to work in Hollwood Nights (or Hollywood Fights) or as it I think it was known then Flamingos. My job was dishing out the beef curry's which you got for free when you paid in. Lovely stuff. The great thing about it was that after taking the order from the punter you went behind a partition to fill the plate for him/her and could decide, based on their general attitude, whether they deserved any "extras" with the curry.
Of course, culchies like yourself would have always qualified for the "extras"

How about a no fancy dress, no quirks, drunk bands and drunk dj's christmas party in a nice venue, with some girls maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back