Thread for upcoming reissues of interest (2 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I heard this earlier, need to give it a go with headphones. Supposedly it’s about correcting the error of hiring Tommy Ramone to produce the original album when who they should’ve hired was Ed, his regular engineer.

I heard this earlier, need to give it a go with headphones. Supposedly it’s about correcting the error of hiring Tommy Ramone to produce the original album when who they should’ve hired was Ed, his regular engineer.

Also, I’ve just looked up Ed Stasium and he’s the spit of the Dungeon Master from the ’80s D&D cartoon.

And now the most anticipated boxset in *history.
NO STUPID SONG TITLES. No sellout Earache material and approved by Seth's Mom who contributes liner notes.
Italy's FOAD Records presents as their 200th release the A.C. 1988-91 6 LP boxset.

The guy talking at the start is introducing A.C. at The Electric Banana club in Pittsburgh. this was used as an intro to their first EP. there are some scary stories about the owners.
Not the first noisecore boxset FOAD have done either.
the label say they have another big release planned as their 300th release later in 2023.
*noisecore history.
get the GENITAL MASTICATOR LP while you're at it too.

I watched a documentary about him recently.
He was a bit of a .....character.

Annual Coconut would be my less offensive alternative name.

And now the most anticipated boxset in *history.
NO STUPID SONG TITLES. No sellout Earache material and approved by Seth's Mom who contributes liner notes.
Italy's FOAD Records presents as their 200th release the A.C. 1988-91 6 LP boxset.

The guy talking at the start is introducing A.C. at The Electric Banana club in Pittsburgh. this was used as an intro to their first EP. there are some scary stories about the owners.
Not the first noisecore boxset FOAD have done either.
the label say they have another big release planned as their 300th release later in 2023.
*noisecore history.
get the GENITAL MASTICATOR LP while you're at it too.

Surprisingly enough, this is still available! I still love the whole idea of the 5634 Song EP but I won’t be getting this. Even though I was this close to having an AxCx song named after me.

What I am getting are the new Meat Puppets vinyl reissues. First ones are Up on the Sun and In a Car in early October, with the rest to follow between next Feb and the end of 2024. The only place I could find open preorders was Juno, last I checked.

What I am getting are the new Meat Puppets vinyl reissues. First ones are Up on the Sun and In a Car in early October, with the rest to follow between next Feb and the end of 2024. The only place I could find open preorders was Juno, last I checked.
They were selling these LPs on their tour here in Ireland in 2019.

I only have a UK 1985 SST press of Up On The Sun which I got about 2004 when vinyl was still cheap. Amazing LP.

Surprisingly enough, this is still available! I still love the whole idea of the 5634 Song EP but I won’t be getting this. Even though I was this close to having an AxCx song named after me.
On the 5643 song EP you hear 16 tracks (recorded separately) all layered up simultaneously. In one mammoth recording session they recorded all the material.
Anyway you hear 16 songs at once.

They were selling these LPs on their tour here in Ireland in 2019.

I only have a UK 1985 SST press of Up On The Sun which I got about 2004 when vinyl was still cheap. Amazing LP.

Those were the MVD reissues, most likely. The new ones are coming out on Megaforce.

I got a copy of Up on the Sun last year, it’s an SST UK one like yours but not sure if it’s a first pressing, so late ‘80s, I’d guess? It didn’t break the bank. I’ve also got the SST CD and the Rykodisc CD.

Two very contrasting tracks exhibited here...

I would love to play someone the first track here after waxing lyrical for ages about he's the originator of a certain type of fingerpicking, and this guitar playing giant haha. Or tell them all this, and then they check him out, and that's the track they happen to hear.

Second track is more like it, I suppose. 90s Fahey...

Svart Records have reduced the 3rd press of TERVEET KADET - TK-POP 1980-1989 boxset (5 LPs, big heavy booklet + poster) to just 49 Euro!!! postage is only 8.05 Euro!
they also have a 20% sale on their punk & hardcore section.

Terveet Kadet - The Horse LP (1985)

Those were the MVD reissues, most likely. The new ones are coming out on Megaforce.

I got a copy of Up on the Sun last year, it’s an SST UK one like yours but not sure if it’s a first pressing, so late ‘80s, I’d guess? It didn’t break the bank. I’ve also got the SST CD and the Rykodisc CD.
I have a US OG of Up on the Sun - probably a top ten of all time record for me. It’s lovely to see the appreciation here, cos so few bands really picked up on what the Meat Puppets were doing at that time or showed any musical influence whatsoever (bar Nirvana of course but that was squarely Meat Puppets II). They were totally unique and fearless, and are still ahead of their time with Up on the Sun.

I have a US OG of Up on the Sun - probably a top ten of all time record for me. It’s lovely to see the appreciation here, cos so few bands really picked up on what the Meat Puppets were doing at that time or showed any musical influence whatsoever (bar Nirvana of course but that was squarely Meat Puppets II). They were totally unique and fearless, and are still ahead of their time with Up on the Sun.
what about Dinosaur Jr?
Kristin Hersh says Up On The Sun is her favourite record.
It had a big influence and was at the rawer end of punks turning towards roots music at the the time (Alejandro Escevedo, Rank And File, Naked Prey etc.)
even the Puppets first EP is one of the great early hardcore records.

Anyway a great LP that millions would love if they heard it. have given it to people as a present a couple of times

what about Dinosaur Jr?
Kristin Hersh says Up On The Sun is her favourite record.
It had a big influence and was at the rawer end of punks turning towards roots music at the the time (Alejandro Escevedo, Rank And File, Naked Prey etc.)
even the Puppets first EP is one of the great early hardcore records.

Anyway a great LP that millions would love if they heard it. have given it to people as a present a couple of times
Yes sorry I meant any influence from Up on the Sun specifically, which to my ears at least is very different from Meat Puppets Ii and earlier as the guitars are so clean.

Yes sorry I meant any influence from Up on the Sun specifically, which to my ears at least is very different from Meat Puppets Ii and earlier as the guitars are so clean.
Yeah - I see what you mean.
The guitar parts are really catchy and but intricate which is a very hard combo to pull off. Also the funky bass on the record is almost unheard of in other similar bands.

NERVOUS GENDER - Music From Hell (1981) is finally being reissued by Dark Entries with an LP of additional material. Release date is end of October 2023.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back