Thread for upcoming reissues of interest (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great band - I always meant to get all their material but only have one EP.
Some great bands from Glasgow in their time - Stretchheads, Badgewearer etc.

Pity this is on an Australian label though...

The Breeders

announce

Last Splash
(30th Anniversary Original Analog Edition)

out 22 September

Hear previously unreleased track

‘Go Man Go’

A defining album of the 90s, Last Splash by The Breeders turns 30 this year. Recorded by the ‘classic’ Breeders line-up of Kim Deal, Kelley Deal, Josephine Wiggs and Jim Macpherson, and featuring the infectiously appealing ‘Cannonball’, Last Splash immediately became an alt-rock classic, achieving platinum status in the UK and US, and is ranked in Pitchfork’s Top 100 Records of the 1990s.

To celebrate this anniversary, the album has been remastered from the original analog tapes – previously thought to be lost – a process which also brought to light two unreleased tracks, a discovery that will delight fans.

Today, The Breeders share one of those songs, ‘Go Man Go’, together with a brand-new video, directed by Brandon Weaver of Ironwing Studios.

In honour of the album’s 30 years, the band will be hitting the road in September for a special run of shows performing Last Splash in its entirety. They will be appearing with Belly (formed by original Breeder Tanya Donelly), Screaming Females and Horsegirl in select markets.

Entitled Last Splash (the 30th Anniversary Original Analog Edition), this special edition will span two 12” 45rpm vinyl discs, plus an exclusive, one-sided etched 12” disc containing two forgotten tracks from the original Last Splash sessions: ‘Go Man Go’, a track that Kim co-wrote with Black Francis, and ‘Divine Mascis’, a version of ‘Divine Hammer’ with lead vocals provided courtesy of Dinosaur Jr.’s J Mascis.

For this special edition, the original, iconic sleeve art by the late visionary designer Vaughan Oliver has been gloriously reimagined by his long-time design partner Chris Bigg.

Last Splash (the 30th Anniversary Original Analog Edition)
Two 12” 45rpm discs, plus bonus etched 12”
with two previously unreleased tracks + JCD
Cut at half speed at Abbey Road Studios by Miles Showell

A1. New Year
A2. Cannonball
A3. Invisible Man
A4. No Aloha
B1. Roi
B2. Do You Love Me Now?
B3. Flipside
C1. I Just Wanna Get Along
C2. Mad Lucas
C3. Divine Hammer
C4. S.O.S
D1. Hag
D2. Saints
D3. Drivin’ on 9
D4. Roi (Reprise)

12”
A1. Go Man Go
A2. Divine Mascis

Digital only

I might listen to this album for a second time

Richard Wright’s debut solo album, ‘Wet Dream’, is to be reissued on vinyl for the first time since its original release in 1978, this time in deep blue transparent marbled. It will also be available on streaming platforms for the first time ever including a new Dolby Atmos mix, on CD and on blu-ray which includes a 5.1 mix and never before released personal images and videos from around this period of his life.To be released on 28th July - the actual date of his 80th birthday - it will initially be made available on CD and all streaming platforms, with the vinyl and blu-ray editions of the record being released on 29th September. You can pre-order all formats from https://richardwright.lnk.to/wetdream. Remixed by Steven Wilson, this reissue comes with brand new artwork, referencing the nautical theme of the record, that was commissioned and art-directed by Gala and Jamie Wright, Richard’s children and managers of his estate. The original artwork was designed by Storm Thorgerson and photographed by Aubrey Powell for Hipgnosis and features in the vinyl booklet.

That would likely work out £30 or so.
£21 so far (about 24.50) and then whatever tax. will let you know final cost.

problem is buying anything from UK is a disaster now.
I got charged twice for tax recently after buying a HAWKWIND 77-79 box set.
An Post say they never got the money first time and the person didn't have a registered EU VAT number. the paper invoice sent with the package had the UK seller's EU VAT number on it and looked like it was never checked.
I emailed An Post's VAT charge dispute people the number and await a reply.
postage from UK was never cheap either.

Was going to buy but the euro distributor won't ship to Ireland and €40+ from the US. No thanks.

Svart in Finland has reduced the price of the TERVEET KADET - TK-POP 5 LP set to 60 Euro.
3rd press with no poster.

I have vast majority of these tracks on vinyl and the double CD version (which was 20 Euro) but this is steal
especially if someone doesn't have this material already.

Svart in Finland has reduced the price of the TERVEET KADET - TK-POP 5 LP set to 60 Euro.
3rd press with no poster.

I have vast majority of these tracks on vinyl and the double CD version (which was 20 Euro) but this is steal
especially if someone doesn't have this material already.
I just ordered this. came to a total of 67 Euros inc. postage and Paypal charges.

56 Euro for version w/ no poster and 60 Euro for version with poster - which I went for.

No idea why the postage was dirt cheap. but this was the case before with Svart.
Traditionally I'd associate Finland with expensive mail....

more DEVO:
current Electronic Sound mag w/ Devo - Mechanical Man 7"
Ordered this on Friday 14-7-2023 and got it today Tuesday 18-7-2023.
wasn't charged any EU VAT for some reason so in total it cost 24.50 Euro (inc. £7.50 postage).

Mag itself had notes on the Mechanical Man EP and a band overview / interview with Mark and Jerry which had plenty of insights I wasn't aware of. The article was completely illustrated in the same graphic novel style as on the cover - chimps in yellow boiler suits, sound engineers and scientists.
Apart from that there was nothing else in the magazine I could see GARYKNIFED being interested in.

The EP is on amber yellow vinyl in a yellow sleeve and sounds great. Great material but I think only one of the five tracks (Blockhead?) wasn't on the Hardcore Devo albums.

Another cherry red compilation

I was never a mod, but I like a lot of the music
The suits and fringe cut too high.....no thanks.

Ordered this on Friday 14-7-2023 and got it today Tuesday 18-7-2023.
wasn't charged any EU VAT for some reason so in total it cost 24.50 Euro (inc. £7.50 postage).

Mag itself had notes on the Mechanical Man EP and a band overview / interview with Mark and Jerry which had plenty of insights I wasn't aware of. The article was completely illustrated in the same graphic novel style as on the cover - chimps in yellow boiler suits, sound engineers and scientists.
Apart from that there was nothing else in the magazine I could see GARYKNIFED being interested in.

The EP is on amber yellow vinyl in a yellow sleeve and sounds great. Great material but I think only one of the five tracks (Blockhead?) wasn't on the Hardcore Devo albums.

I'm happy to (never) stumble across an original.someday

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back