this is england (1 Viewer)

On August 26, 2009, Channel 4 announced that it will fund a four-part television drama, We Were Faces, to be written by Shane Meadows and Jack Thorne. It will pick up the story of several of the characters of This Is England, four years on. Meadows said:

When I finished This Is England, I had a wealth of material and unused ideas that I felt very keen to take further – audiences seemed to really respond to the characters we created and out of my longstanding relationship with Film4 and Channel 4 the idea for a television serial developed. Not only did I want to take the story of the gang broader and deeper, I also saw in the experiences of the young in 1986 many resonances to now – recession, lack of jobs, sense of the world at a turning point. Whereas the film told part of the story, the TV serial will tell the rest.

It will be set when the 1986 World Cup was in Mexico, Chris de Burgh held the #1 slot in the music charts and 3.4 million people were unemployed in Britain. As Shaun (still played by Thomas Turgoose) writes his last school exam, he realises that he will have to find his own way in the world. His friends — including Woody, Lol, Smell, Gadget and Pukey — are still around, looking for love, laughs and a job. Meadows said that Combo (again played by Stephen Graham) would return, that the fate of Milky would be revealed, and that part of the storyline would be based around a planned wedding between Woody and Lol that would be called off. He said if the four-part series was successful, he would follow it up with another series.

Should be aired sometime late this year or early next year. This is what the cancellation of Big Brother is allowing and can only be a good thing.

It still has the same atmospheric feel of the original and it's going to be a 4 parter...interesting.
Nice haircut on Ely Dingle...er I mean Woody.

Apart from Once upon a time in the midlands, I think all Shane Meadows films are excellent especially Dead Mans Shoes.

The sound skin in This is England has a cool name:)
once upon a time.. was filmed around where i live as was most of his films,
he's doing this is england 86 - a 4 part follow up.
starts sept 7th channel 4!

actually 'control' was filmed in Nottingham as the director said alot of it looked like 70's Manchester - ha ha

edit - actually should have read the rest of the thread...

got to see the preview screening of the first episode with Q&A after with shane meadows. even got to see the cast in the flesh. it was pretty cool.
i really enjoyed the first episode, it was very romeo brass i thought. lots of comedy that turns sour. the preview for the rest of the series looked pretty good too. we'll be seeing a lot of paddy constantine <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back