this is england (1 Viewer)

Shit I missed the first 10mins. Channel 4+1, where would I be with out you?

Thought it very average ,It just felt like watching a soap.
Then again suppose it was hard to top the originality of the er original.
Best bit about it was Lol's lovely eyes.

It was pretty crap. :(

Well, the film was fairly crap too to be honest. The programme last night was much worse - utterly predictable, clichéd scenarios, poor acting. I remember at the time the film came out someone on here saying (jokingly?) that at times it played like an extended episode of Grange Hill or something, that was certainly true of last night.

Am I really the only one who thinks that This Is England is fiercely over-rated?

Not at all.

Jesus. Anyone see that tonight?

First episode was mediocre as hell. Second episode was outright shit. Third episode was just as bad, with added unpleasantness.
It's not earning the melodrama at all. Characters are much less sympathetic than the film, and I'm struggling to care. Just putting in some sad piano immediately after a scene of sub-sitcom hamminess isn't automatically going to make me give a shit. The girl in question tonight has been a complete non-entity thus far, her reason for being at the house was a nonsense and the scene just felt nasty and exploitative as well as deeply unpleasant and wholly predictable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back