Things your parents told you as a kid (3 Viewers)

when i younger around christmas time if i was acting up my ma would go over to the fireplace and shout up the chimney "Santa are you listening to this"..... and it would freak me out.
she also told me that if i didnt eat the crust on my bread my hair would go really curly like a girl in school that i used to hate.

having said as a toddler i use to do shirely temple impressions for my nana and aunties.

I'm already planning my answers for the important questions that kids ask;

"-Hell petal, that's where babies come from. Hell."

"-that's you're granny. She's a Zombie in disguise"

"-Zombies are dead people love, risen from the grave and intent on devouring all life on earth as we know it."

Cant wait.

parents are fuckin weird man. Whenever our auld fella was putting on his coat and we'd ask him where he was going, he'd say 'Ballymagash going backwards'. I don't know.

In a similar vein, if I ever asked my dad where my mum was he'd invariably say 'run off with a black man'.

:confused:

I was also told that if I stuck my finger in my belly button my bum would fall off.

Whenever i used to bring home pictures from school, mam used to say "it's very nice and all, but the disjunctive perturbation of the spatial relationships brings within the realm of discourse the eloquence of these pieces." Which is a bit mean really.

I just heard a mother go one for two minutes like:
"You'll fucking get up. You'll fucking walk. You'll fucking do what I fucking tell you."
I would have been angry, but the child was utterly oblivious. He was just goin "Googoo gaa gaa. buh. blah. heeheehee!!! doopy bluhblah!"

Sock it to her, kid.

when i younger around christmas time if i was acting up my ma would go over to the fireplace and shout up the chimney .
My younger brother put his head right up the chimney once when he was younger to check if santa was there...my sisters used to regularly put vaseline in their hair...one of them ate coal...the other drank weed killer...kids, eh?

My parents were horrendously honest with us as children. No such thing as Santa, no bribery.

"Stop that or you'll get paddled when you get home" meant stop that or you'll get paddled when you get home.

It was good actually. We knew who was boss, we knew what the rules were and we knew where things stood. There was always a warning, which we could ignore (at our peril).

My Dad, who is somewhat eccentric and definitely a terrible timekeeper was forever leaving us waiting around for him somewhere or other for hours. But the main result of that is (a) I avoid being late as much as possible (b) timekeeping is really important to me.

Even now, if Dad is to collect me from somewhere, I always have an alternative plan on standby - so that I don't end up standing around.

once on a trip to tramore, i needed to pee in while we were driving.
my dad said "pee in your hand and throw it out the window".
he said something almost identical for number twos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back