A great bunch of lads (2 Viewers)

I always thought "The Chinese - a great bunch of lads" was a thumped thing, but then I heard someone my age saying it down my local. And then I said it at home and the kids had never heard it before. Is it some kind of middle-aged Irish man meme?

'are you a racist now egg'*

*another Fr, Ted reference - I dont think you're a racist btw

I always thought "The Chinese - a great bunch of lads" was a thumped thing, but then I heard someone my age saying it down my local. And then I said it at home and the kids had never heard it before. Is it some kind of middle-aged Irish man meme?
I have never watched an episode of Father Ted (cos I do not like it), and I know it's Father Ted

I am staggered that you have managed to avoid this
It's impressive

Animated GIF
Fa

Ah! I have seen some episodes of Fr. Ted, but maybe not this one. At the risk of sounding like @nuke terrorist I've never actually owned a TV, so pre-Netflix telly is mostly terra incognita for me
I didn't watch TV circa Father Ted era (94 - early 97) but have caught up since.
Respect to anyone who doesn't have a TV - on the whole yer much better off.
If had to actually pay for a TV set and subscriptions, I'd try and go without.

With what has happened in the last few years maybe it should be updated to "The Chinese - used to be a great bunch of lads"
Not so great on the genocide against the Uyghurs or the throwing-anyone-with-an-opinion-in-jail or even the all encompassing state censorship, you'd have to say

But the people themselves have stopped having babies to a large degree, which you gotta take your hat off to them for
And it's led by more and more women saying "fuck no, don't want one" - and no government baby-making programme seems able to alter the trajectory

The revolution is succeeding despite itself
Ní saoirse go saoirse na mBan

A great bunch of lassies?

Imagine ruining your marriage and your life over a made up vendetta towards people you don't know
Probably some Chinese proverb that advises against it

Probably said this before, but anyway ... when I was in my 20s I used to think my brothers were hilarious, but eventually found out more or less everything funny they said was from TV (or movies that I never saw cos no TV also means no VCR)
How did you watch The Wire so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back