THiNGS tour details (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by The Evangelists
Hey, check the latest issue of Hot Press for a nice blurb on the tour courtesy of Mr.Sweeny.

Also, did anyone here scan the Irish News article yet?

they took away me scanner in work so i'll do it at the weekend away home in the schticks (where they have a scanner like)

Mickey joe harte v things!

sligo gig: garravogue.

HGF, Aurel and playground psychotic arrived to the venue at various times... and due to the restaurant in the pub discovered the gig was a late one. after a slap-up meal supplied by the lovely manager anthony, the bands soundchecked and Aurel took to the stage blinded by the masses of 'mickey joe harte - sold out!' posters launched into a energetic gig of rock and christopher walken impressions. :D
at about 12, introduced by compére phil (of HGF drums fame!), the Playground Psychotic boys and gals took to the stage, with singer mary so transfixed on MJH that she nearly swooned with lust halfway through the set. pete sadly, refused AGAIN to wear glitter. :(
the crowd was a little uninterested at times but then bounding onto the stage at a spritly 1am the 50 or so people paying attention witnessed a rock spectacle like no other from the sleezegods of themin and tennis racquet rock, the
Holy Ghost Fathers . they bounded through their set and waved enthusiastically to the jolly barstaff between fending off the hourds of fans past their bedtime.
a good night - sirs and madams - was had by all.

Limerick was geat. The boatclub is a great wee venue, the sound was deadly and there was a decent crowd. Respect to the AMC, those guys and girls REALLY look after the bands. Thanks a million folks.

Re: Mickey joe harte v things!

Originally posted by lorcanzo

HGF, Aurel and playground psychotic arrived to the venue at various times... and due to the restaurant in the pub discovered the gig was a late one. after a slap-up meal supplied by the lovely manager anthony, the bands soundchecked and Aurel took to the stage blinded by the masses of 'mickey joe harte - sold out!' posters launched into a energetic gig of rock and christopher walken impressions. :D
at about 12, introduced by compére phil (of HGF drums fame!), the Playground Psychotic boys and gals took to the stage, with singer mary so transfixed on MJH that she nearly swooned with lust halfway through the set. pete sadly, refused AGAIN to wear glitter. :(
the crowd was a little uninterested at times but then bounding onto the stage at a spritly 1am the 50 or so people paying attention witnessed a rock spectacle like no other from the sleezegods of themin and tennis racquet rock, the
Holy Ghost Fathers . they bounded through their set and waved enthusiastically to the jolly barstaff between fending off the hourds of fans past their bedtime.
a good night - sirs and madams - was had by all.

You'd almost believe you were there...

Re: Mickey joe harte v things!

Playground Psychotic boys and gals took to the stage, with singer mary so transfixed on MJH that she nearly swooned with lust halfway through the set.

Yeah if I squinted it was almost like he was really there *sigh* :rolleyes:

Sligo was definitely the weakest point of the three nights in terms of audience (which basically comprised of the bar staff, the other bands and that poster). Galway and Limerick gigs were deadly!

the Galway night was billed on the posters in Pacinos as the 'Something Missing' tour

So we drove our bass amp so hard in Galway it stopped sounding like a bass amp and started smelling like a piece of burnt plastic. Yahh, but what the Christ... A real good night all round.

Limerick rocked even more, I reckon. Super little venue, that Boat Club. And the AMC people are swell.

Thanks to all concerned.

There's some grief about posters and Dungdalk.
There's a greyscale poster that I can email to someone, anyone that's not stuck doing shite work.

ok so deputy fuzz have been added to the bill instead of the dudleys.

i asked them cos their date was cancelled, in belfast.

fair enough?

grand.

the phantom add has been changed, and the posters have been updated by anthony.

one more thing:
i don't think we need to have a guest list at this thing, except two tickets given out as a competition on phantom.

ok so deputy fuzz have been added to the bill instead of the dudleys.

i asked them cos their date was cancelled, in belfast.

fair enough?

grand.

and omelette should get to stand next to them and sulk

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back