Thesis Binding (1 Viewer)

Antrophe

So wheres the best place to get the bastard all banged out and bound for as cheap as possible in Dublin?

reads id reckon on nassau st.

reads.

nassau st.

say it like in the annoying radio ad.

"READS............OF NASSAU ST."

pricks.

i cannot for the LIFE of me remember the place i brought my thesis to get bound but i know it was somewhere near trinity. the guy i handed it to gave me a funny look, and when i looked down i realised i'd given him a massive steaming turd.

why, you ask?

because i couldnt tell the difference between it and my done three days before deadline thesis.

Duffy's Bookbinders, Seville Terrace, Dublin 1. Near the 5 Lamps crossroads.
T (01)8557579
Brilliant if you're running a little late and need to get them done fast! If you drop them in before 9 they'll try to have it bound for you by 11:30... whereas a lot of other places (such as the thesis centre) have a deadline the afternoon before for dropping thesises in...

i got mine done there a few weeks ago -- €32 per hard-bound copy for three copies, using the same day service. it varies a little according to how many copies you want and how quickly you want them, and getting it printed out for you is more expensive.. not sure how much though because i brought in the print-outs.
yours is a minor thesis for ucd right? a lot of people hand them in soft-bound which you can get done in copi-print for next to nothing. but hard-bound is nice.

All the stupid pissy little details are driving me mad. Getting the contents page right and then every time I change something, it fucking up all the pages below it. Dammit.
40mm margins stupid bastards throwing the whole thing off...

Ok, the thesis centre is bad for last minute is it? And the other place by 5 lamps... If I dont have it in by 9 what happens? I have the day before it's due to make any last minute changes, then the day it's due to get it printed. Thats bad right?
Oh god.
What am I doing.
AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

never book a holiday for just before your thesis is due....:eek:

All the stupid pissy little details are driving me mad. Getting the contents page right and then every time I change something, it fucking up all the pages below it. Dammit.
40mm margins stupid bastards throwing the whole thing off...

Theres a real easy way to do contents in MS Word. If you use the headings function on the text formatting bar you can add things like heading 1, heading 2, heading 3 to selected headings. Then go to insert>reference>index and tables and then click on table of contents. Its all here. Trust me its well fucking handy. If you've an older word programme it mightnt be on it, but the computers in UCD have it alright. How do we submit them? I've emailed the Equality Studies admin twice to no answer. If Supradextra is right, then there's no way I'm taking the sociology demand for three hard backs as its ridiculously expensive. Soft back can do. They tell you nothing in that department..

Ok, the thesis centre is bad for last minute is it? And the other place by 5 lamps... If I dont have it in by 9 what happens? I have the day before it's due to make any last minute changes, then the day it's due to get it printed. Thats bad right?

It's not that the thesis centre is bad per say, it's just that they're really busy cause that's where most people go to get their binding done. I found that Duffy's weren't as busy, probably because nobody has heard of them and thus they're more likely to give you a break if you're running a little late and stressed and stuff. I'm sure if you give them a ring and say when you have to submit your thesis by, they'll tell you the absolute latest time to have it into them by....

I didn't actually print my own thesis as a friend who's better at the aul' computers than i am insisted he'd be faster and better at it than me took control and printed it... still it was only handed in with half an hour to spare...best of luck with it..

Thanks everyone,
I just rang Duffys and it's 28yoyos each, I've to bring in the 3 already printed out and they'll have in all done in 4 hours. tomorrow. the due day.
Perfect.
Now to proof read it, this is all stupidly last-minute.

Antrophe I just saw something about there having to be a form signed by the supervisor... tomorrow is going to be hell....
How hard could it be to get it printed out in my dads office, get from there to the total other side of town for binding, wait four hours, get to ucd, find supervisor, get form filled in, hand in thesis.

(Don't answer that)

Anyway, boozing tomorrow night? you, me, mags, some other equality thesis spas, lots o booze??? happy days!!

Equality Studies are a bunch of idiots. They never once mentioned it had to be signed by a supervisor.

Im getting the full whack of the contents page problem as open office has the most convulated way in the world of doing it. Check your email for some shite we may need for handing this in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back