'There Will Be Blood' Excitement Thread! (2 Viewers)

Why didn't this win the oscar?
I mean No Country was good but didn't have half the power or scope of this movie. Left the IFI in a state of shock, couldn't get Day-Lewis's voice out of my head for days

I mean No Country was good but didn't have half the power or scope of this movie.

Not so sure about that. TWBB is quite a narrow piece - there are really only 4 characters in it - it's not like some huge sweeping epic which manages to marshall hordes of different characters, it's really just about the relationship between 2 men.

I mean No Country was good but didn't have half the power or scope of this movie. Left the IFI in a state of shock, couldn't get Day-Lewis's voice out of my head for days

...probably because the brothers Coen are easier to market for Miramax/Paramount.

L AL AL ALALALALA LA LA LA LAAAAAAAAAA

ok i covered my eyes for this thread since it opened and tonight will be able to contribute properly - but im finally going to see this fucking movie this evening and if ANYONE comes between me and it they will die.

the excitement!

...probably because the brothers Coen are easier to market for Miramax/Paramount.
This is true. It was felt that No Country was easier to market as it's a more straightforward story, in an easier to define Genre than "There will be Blood".
Sad, but true.

L AL AL ALALALALA LA LA LA LAAAAAAAAAA

ok i covered my eyes for this thread since it opened and tonight will be able to contribute properly - but im finally going to see this fucking movie this evening and if ANYONE comes between me and it they will die.

the excitement!
Enjoy la la. You're in for a treat.

Not so sure about that. TWBB is quite a narrow piece - there are really only 4 characters in it - it's not like some huge sweeping epic which manages to marshall hordes of different characters, it's really just about the relationship between 2 men.
Yes and no. Small cast but it was quite epic for the two guys involved. That's what i didn't like about NCFOM, the acting was just too understated

I have no idea which is the better movie, but i enjoyed TWBB more than No Country. Insofaras what Oscar thinks though, i reckon the script and scope of the former required a standard of acting that exceeded that of no country. The writing in the latter was better; but as the brothers said, that was mostly down to McCarthy. Blood has stronger and more engaging characters, and in that respect they got what they deserved,best actor.

Despite my completely biased veiws of other films compared to blood, it was good to see the academy give best film to what would be usually considered an unconventional narrative in No Country for Old Men. It shows they're getting wider eyes. TWBB is an epic sort of flick, and Oscar does that enough already.

I seriously neet to STFU about TWBB though. I may even need to WMFM over NCFOM too while i'm at it.

that scene on the beach in TWBB. getting to the beautiful big blue after all that land and what do we get, as claustrophobic a scene as i can ever imagine. all close-ups and that shot of DDL in realisation, threading water with a monsterwave coming behind him. fucking unreal.

that scene on the beach in TWBB. getting to the beautiful big blue after all that land and what do we get, as claustrophobic a scene as i can ever imagine. all close-ups and that shot of DDL in realisation, threading water with a monsterwave coming behind him. fucking unreal.

That was unbelievable. Gave me a bit of a chill reading your description, Yurn!

ok. here we go.

WOW.

this movie is the gift that keeps on giving. i honestly don't know where to start - but I guess the beginning is the best place. those first five minutes of sweat, rocks, dust and silence were incredible.

the splatter of oil on teh camera lense - perfect.

the scene at the beach when daniel and henry are sat on the sand - the tension!!!

when HW loses his hearing in the eruption - god that scene was incredible.

i don't think i've ever been so intrigued by a movie's quietness so much. because it was as quiet as it was loud and frenetic, aided beautifully by those frantic strings.

yes yes yes yes yes.

dano not getting an oscar nod for his efforts should go down in history as one of the greatest snubs ever.

what a movie.

ok. here we go.

WOW.

this movie is the gift that keeps on giving. i honestly don't know where to start - but I guess the beginning is the best place. those first five minutes of sweat, rocks, dust and silence were incredible.

the splatter of oil on teh camera lense - perfect.

the scene at the beach when daniel and henry are sat on the sand - the tension!!!

when HW loses his hearing in the eruption - god that scene was incredible.

i don't think i've ever been so intrigued by a movie's quietness so much. because it was as quiet as it was loud and frenetic, aided beautifully by those frantic strings.

yes yes yes yes yes.

dano not getting an oscar nod for his efforts should go down in history as one of the greatest snubs ever.

what a movie.

Dano won the oscar hon. Sharpen up for fuck's sake.

Dano won the oscar hon. Sharpen up for fuck's sake.

knifesharp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back