The world does not love the Irish (1 Viewer)

Countries are crap - I'm more into gangs.

singing gangs? Im in!!!

WestSideStory-719190.jpg

A small bit on the bitter side, but mostly true I would say. I really hate that whole "we're maaad" thing (exemplified in those awful Carslberg ads) a lot of Irish people have. It's all Irish comedians talk about. It's not funny and not true. And the obsession with money a lot of people have is revolting. A bit of recession will sort those cunts out!

It's not everyone in the whole country of course.

i had a wonderfully eloquent piece singing irelands praises but then i deleted it i thought i would just debase this french womans argument by saying

she comes from a region of france that was throughout centuries it was wartorn, raped and pillaged so many times by the french and english that it created the anglosaxon relationship that tighter than a flying nuns purse. But despite this she despises her own impure heritage that she could never be considered as french as the vichy elite.

She's angry that she was seduced by an Irish spudeating uncouth and baffled how he charmed his way into her apparently 'too sophisticated for philistines' pants (which i will agree he seems to be doing very little of lately if she's calling us all horrible paddys).

So she decides to deride this Irish mysticism by writing in her worst english possible attempting to debunk irish false beliefs all the while shooting herself in the foot. Go on read the article again - she says french and german would not publicly hate someone and here she is doing it in a national newspaper, she says we dont make any effort to understand other cultures (yet she married an irishman who must have had some understanding of her or was clearly too drunk and now regrets it) and the best yet is that we're unscrupulous in business playing on our irishness to win a deal (and she does exactly that by her proxy saying she sealed a deal with irish people when she mentioned her husband and duped those businessmen)

The only person fooled here is this ill informed woman, and she really needs more reflection on her own poor character and lack of self esteem before she attempts to use another letters page for nothing more than a sad attempt at cheap shrinks couch.

Since when did Kevin Myers become editor of the Independent?

Oh she's a prick alright. She still raises a few points. Fact of the matter is most people are pricks. It's just our particular curse to be pricks under the impression that other nationalities love us.

That said I have found the Germans and the Dutch to be quite fascinated with Ireland and Irish people.

Oh she's a prick alright. She still raises a few points. Fact of the matter is most people are pricks. It's just our particular curse to be pricks under the impression that other nationalities love us.

That said I have found the Germans and the Dutch to be quite fascinated with Ireland and Irish people.

I think a lot of people are happy to find out that we're not English.

Yeah. And there's some notion that we didn't really spend the last thousand-odd years killing each other like everyone else did. We would have done if we had had the gumption though.

The French have nicer sounding rappers than we do. I'm pretty sure that's the point she was making.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back