The world does not love the Irish (1 Viewer)

the comment about France being interested in other nationalities is laughable!
probably the most insular country i have ever been in.

FFS.

I'm baffled as to why the Indo would publish such crackpot ravings...
unless it's worried about the rise in circulation of the Irish Mail.

Answer your own question first. Lead by example. Otherwise I'll just keep sitting in here in the nip repeating the last word of every sentence that I hear.

At the moment I haven't a clue. It's a mystery. A fantasy? misty-eyed folksy fad? mass delusion?

It's surprising how often people talk about whole nationalities being 'sound' or otherwise. Sometimes even pretty clever people.

I'm reading Football Against The Enemy by Simon Kuper. It mentions a survey of Dutch youngsters in the early 90s, asking them to rank the countries in the EU in terms of how well/badly they viewed those countries. The Republic of Ireland was second worst, behind Germany. Kuper reckons it was probably because they thought the sectarian murders were here.

Ireland has more sound people per capita than other countries. I read that in the Economist a few months ago.

Ireland has more sound people per capita than other countries. I read that in the Economist a few months ago.

Yeah but according to the same study we have the largest inner-wally in Europe and we are twice as two-faced as the Scandinavians. Now Im no mathematician but that makes 4 faces which officially makes us the trickiest sneaks in Western Europe (Risk Map)

Yeah but according to the same study we have the largest inner-wally in Europe and we are twice as two-faced as the Scandinavians. Now Im no mathematician but that makes 4 faces which officially makes us the trickiest sneaks in Western Europe (Risk Map)

But the very same study concluded that even when we're robbing you blind, we do it with a smile on our four faces.

look around you people, this country is chok full of cunts, and what's more it's run by cunts. open the paper, and indulge your hatred for this poxy tinpot cockland with every headline about our shit health servie, or our overcrowed school. sing the national anthem whilst stuck in a traffic jam at 3 in the afternoon. praise dev whilst paying 5.60 for a pint of guinness in temple bar. wonder aloud to you self "who put the ball in the english net" as solicitors get rich exposing our elected representivies for the corrupt, money hungry bastards they are, then dance a little jig at the recent, sweet memory, that we voted the cunts back into power. read ullyses whilst admiring the scourge of one off housing built by greedy farmers that's blighted what was once a beautiful countryside. stick on astral weeks as you sit to ponder, has this country produced one notable work of art in the last 20 years, tap your foot to planxty and riddle this, what was the last band to come out of this country and make an impression in the world, scoff your boxty while you wait the requisite many hours for the police to finally turn up, chuckle at your inner flann obrien as you trip over puking drunk teenagers on a saturday night and then quote james connolly while developers artificially inflate house prices, then going crying to the government when the market goes fucky on them, who of course oblige with a dig out.
play up ireland. play up.

look around you people, this country is chok full of cunts, and what's more it's run by cunts. open the paper, and indulge your hatred for this poxy tinpot cockland with every headline about our shit health servie, or our overcrowed school. sing the national anthem whilst stuck in a traffic jam at 3 in the afternoon. praise dev whilst paying 5.60 for a pint of guinness in temple bar. wonder aloud to you self "who put the ball in the english net" as solicitors get rich exposing our elected representivies for the corrupt, money hungry bastards they are, then dance a little jig at the recent, sweet memory, that we voted the cunts back into power. read ullyses whilst admiring the scourge of one off housing built by greedy farmers that's blighted what was once a beautiful countryside. stick on astral weeks as you sit to ponder, has this country produced one notable work of art in the last 20 years, tap your foot to planxty and riddle this, what was the last band to come out of this country and make an impression in the world, scoff your boxty while you wait the requisite many hours for the police to finally turn up, chuckle at your inner flann obrien as you trip over puking drunk teenagers on a saturday night and then quote james connolly while developers artificially inflate house prices, then going crying to the government when the market goes fucky on them, who of course oblige with a dig out.
play up ireland. play up.

Was this written in green ink?

Ireland has won 4 Eurovisions and 3 Booker Prizes in the last 20 years! Art capital of Europe. We're had 2 capitals of culture too.
We're absolutely amazing FOR OUR SIZE!
Look at Keano too.

Some should tell her that there's more to Ireland den dis.

All you need to know about Ireland and the over-fucked glory-hole that it is, is on Harcourt Street between the hours of 2.03am - 3.32am, on any Saturday night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back