The talking about Arsenal FC thread (5 Viewers)

If this is next season's kit then I won't complain.

newkit10.jpg

Nice kit alright, I'm surprised the sponsors have accepted it though.

It's not confirmed that that's what it will be. I get your point re: the sponsors but as Emirates have that naming rights to the stadium they might have been agreeable to it.

Nike owe us a shirt with proper white sleeves anyway.

Jaysus, we could've done without losing Vermalen for the next few games. The refs aren't putting up with Sol's hard challenges and I wouldn't be the most confident in Silvestre but..... hopefully. We'll wait and see how Nasri's knee injury plays out.

Will we see Van Persi again this season?

I should add that very worthy mentions go to Cesc and Eboue.
Most of teh team played well, I still worry about Sol though, don't get me wrong he is doing amazing for someone who has been absent from top class football for so long and for his age but...He is treading a fine line with his tackling and pace.
Nasri was pretty good today too.

Jaysus, we could've done without losing Vermalen for the next few games.

It's just a one match ban. You only get automatic 3 game bans for violent conduct. The red was for a professional foul.

During that game Song was everything the club has been missing since Viera left. If he maintains that level of performance and Diaby can keep himself fit for the rest of the season we can win everything (that's a big if). Looks like our midfield may finally be getting sorted. Great, that only took 5 years.

It's just a one match ban. You only get automatic 3 game bans for violent conduct. The red was for a professional foul.

During that game Song was everything the club has been missing since Viera left. If he maintains that level of performance and Diaby can keep himself fit for the rest of the season we can win everything (that's a big if). Looks like our midfield may finally be getting sorted. Great, that only took 5 years.

That's quite a turnqround from what you were saying about Song just a few months back.

On a similar note I have to roll back some of my recent comments about Clichy I think, he's still not as good has he was a couple of seasons ago but I was really critical of him when he came back from his injury. However with some games under his belt and with with the regaining of his match fitness he's been playing well.

Yep, yesterday was his best performance for the club and IF he can maintain that kind of form then he is/will be the answer to our long-running midfield problem. Clichy and Campbell both made vital contributions yesterday. Let's hope it wasn't a flash in the pan and the wheels don't come off at St Andrews. Mind you, even Denilson played well and Almunia saved a peno so maybe we should just put it down as a freak display from the whole team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back