The talking about Arsenal FC thread (6 Viewers)

Well done gooners, great win. Ye were pretty lucky with that second goal but even if the free had been given I think there was only ever going to be one winner. Twas a pretty horrible tackle from gallas though.

Looks like it'll be a pretty youthful looking side that gets a run out on Sunday in the cup. Sagna to be rested, Eboue in Angola, Gilbert out on loan, it looks like someone I've never heard of is going to play right back. Wilshire back in the squad too.

Good hard cup tie and we started off atrocious thanks to a terrible decision making move by Fabianski, Stoke were the best team for 35 mins as we couldn't string our passes together, was delighted we got back to 1-1 b4 HT and tbh I could only see 1 winner b4 got their 2nd, they had never looked threatening, Silvestre had a poor game today and looked 'old' his pace has well gone.
Campbell had a great game although for Stoke's 2nd maybe he could've maybe done a wee bit better.
Eastman was adequate too, Ramsey impressive and composed when he came on.
Anyway not too down beat because once I seen the team sheet I knew it would be tough, our season is really over the next 4 league games, Diaby is out for 3 games which is a crying shame as we really need his driving force from midfield not to mention his height for setpieces.

Didn't really feel we were in it today. Thomas was very unsettled first half but seemed a bit better in the second.I think Fabianski can get stuck in Training Ground Mode some days, with the punching and what not, seems like something he likes practicing? Fingers crossed for the next few games.

If we win anything this season it will be Wengers greatest achievement at the club, as he'll have done it without a goalkeeper. There isn't a recognisable one in the squad.
BTW, if he doesn't buy (and buy big) before the window closes it's bye bye trophies, and then bye bye Wenger.

Totally agree with the Keepers situation, why cannot he get a top top stopper in?
Chelsea has one, ManURe has 1, Liverpool have 1 but do we???
A good keeper instills confidence in defence and by god we need both.

I remember reading somewhere that Bob Wilson was at his wits end trying to convince Wenger how important it was to have a top class keeper but apparently Wenger didn't list it among his top priorities. He seems to take the same approach to it as he does other positions, get in some youngsters for next to nothing and wait and see if any of them come good. In my opinion the Keeper should be the opposite, get a few experienced heads in and let them battle it out for the number 1 spot. As you mention United (Van der Sar must be nearing retirement age but top quality keeper) there's also Villa (how fucking old is Friedel? He was awesome against us recently and kept the score respectable), not sure how old Reina is but he is bald so he can't be 21 can he? I say get someone who's near the end of his career. Get two or three years out of an experienced head and see how much our defense settles down when they know the bloke behind them isn't constantly shitting himself.

David James would be a good buy for ye, he's pretty old but he definitely has a couple of years left in him.
Never thought I'd see the day, but I was actually thinking that myself. Mind you, if Wenger couldn't see the benefits of going for Given when he was available for tuppence ha'penny I can't see him doing something sensible about the situation now.

if Wenger couldn't see the benefits of going for Given when he was available for tuppence ha'penny I can't see him doing something sensible about the situation now.

I think everyone who passed on him is regretting it now. He's doing great this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back