The Russian invasion of Ukraine (2 Viewers)

Imagine being like ..21 and joining the Russian army and a few weeks later your face is shot off.

Not only is it stupid, but it seems like a waste.. and I dare say it probably is in some cases

Even to be unemployed in some snowy russian housing estate is better than that surely

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That was my first thought, didn't realise it'd be considered mental. It's a Padraic Pearse blood sacrifice thing mixed with megalomania.

Imagine being like ..21 and joining the Russian army and a few weeks later your face is shot off.

Not only is it stupid, but it seems like a waste.. and I dare say it probably is in some cases

Even to be unemployed in some snowy russian housing estate is better than that surely

It's mental for any Nationality to be fair.

Making this statement from Kyiv isn’t really going to do much for the case that it wasn’t directed from there.

Don’t these NRA people in Russia have their own spokesperson?
They need a P. O’Neill.
Pyotr Orlov or something.
Surprised to see Charlton Heston mixed up in this TBH.

All the pieces are starting to line up however.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was thinking how it’s mad where you never know what’s going on in that place

Like with the Americans and the Chinese and the Brits or whoever, there’s usually what they’re obviously heinously doing, and the obvious bullshit/lies they spin about it
It’s all horrible and it’s all lies, but there’s a semblance of transparency; you know where you are.

With Russia, no one know which way is up or down any day of the week to the next.

If this mad fucker has killed his own daughter and out flanked the mad fucker in actual charge, I mean you’d think it was implausible to the point of impossible. But it’s Russia.
So who knows?

Also, is it madder to kill your own daughter to advance your political agenda?
Or to back Putin into a corner without his knowledge?

I can’t imagine he’s a guy who appreciates a blindsiding from his own lads.

(from the wild speculation view of things)

Attachments

• 1661265592824.png
    1661265592824.png
    460.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I was walking out of work today and Maynooth University had a special event for Ukraine Independence Day. They’re hosting lots of families on campus and it was really nice to see so many families out playing in the sunshine, flying kites, playing games, and dancing. Then you look closer and the lack of men hits you, really sobering to see it.

Then you look closer and the lack of men hits you, really sobering to see it.

Similar deal here when the village hosted a thing to welcome the families. There were kids milling about, hanging off a mum, someone was someone translating, and the question came along the lines of "Is the father around? Or coming down too?".
You could see the translator pause, go with the question, "Dad didn't make it, he was killed in the invasion."

And you look around, and the place is full of women and children.

Like, you know it, you know it happened. But you're looking around at the kids and mums... yeah, no. I had to get the sunglasses on and leave before anyone saw the state of me.

ah good stuff. I thought they'd do something big here in the baltics for it since there are so many Ukranians here now. But nada.

the big news stories from here are that all Baltic states, along with Finland are really pushing hard for the EU to ban all tourist visas for Russians. I drove through the seaside town outside Riga the weekend before last, where oligarchs and rich folk have their obscene summer homes and it was chock-full of Russian reg cars. Banning them would definitely be a big black eye for ol' Vlad, seeing as those people are bound to have sway.

They're also still toppling big soviet-era monuments all over the baltics. There is one particular one in Riga that has not been without controversy, due to the amount of russians living there. Thats this one

They eventually had to seal off the area, get police and army support, then topple the fucker.

ah good stuff. I thought they'd do something big here in the baltics for it since there are so many Ukranians here now. But nada.

the big news stories from here are that all Baltic states, along with Finland are really pushing hard for the EU to ban all tourist visas for Russians. I drove through the seaside town outside Riga the weekend before last, where oligarchs and rich folk have their obscene summer homes and it was chock-full of Russian reg cars. Banning them would definitely be a big black eye for ol' Vlad, seeing as those people are bound to have sway.

They're also still toppling big soviet-era monuments all over the baltics. There is one particular one in Riga that has not been without controversy, due to the amount of russians living there. Thats this one

They eventually had to seal off the area, get police and army support, then topple the fucker.
the fucker is only being toppled now. They're even livestreaming it

Worth "Putin" a target on this one as well if we just want to attack Russian things:

One of the extended family has a statue in Westminster Abbey as well, perhaps Liz Truss could launch a symbolic nuke at it?

Worth "Putin" a target on this one as well if we just want to attack Russian things:

One of the extended family has a statue in Westminster Abbey as well, definitely worth an assault, perhaps Liz Truss could launch a symbolic nuke at it?
I'm sure the people of east cowes were delighted with this

Is your sense that people there have long wanted this Soviet stuff gone and now feel they can do it without blowback?

Or that the horror in Ukraine has changed people's minds about how they view their relationship Russia ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back