The Panel (1 Viewer)

Yeah that's fair enough. Snobbish is putting it mildly. I'm deeply mistrustful of anyone over the age of eh, eighteen who is addicted to computer games. It's just another strand of the infantilization of society. Cf. Adults reading the Potter books *for themselves*. Well there's another can o'worms...

You are a fool.

Yeah that's fair enough. Snobbish is putting it mildly. I'm deeply mistrustful of anyone over the age of eh, eighteen who is addicted to computer games. It's just another strand of the infantilization of society.

Language like "addicted" suggests that you don't really understand the medium, or that you decided "games iz fer kidz" and that was that. Sure, there's plenty of mindless shite out there, (cf. books, film, music) but if you choose to be so dismissive, you're missing on some great stuff too.

Hold on a second, it's to watch 22 lads kick a ball around a pitch but its not ok to play a computer simulation of it?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Language like "addicted" suggests that you don't really understand the medium, or that you decided "games iz fer kidz" and that was that. Sure, there's plenty of mindless shite out there, (cf. books, film, music) but if you choose to be so dismissive, you're missing on some great stuff too.

Fair enough-I don't understand the medium perhaps & I do think computer games are for children. JohnnyC being 'exhibit A' for the defence.
Oh I'm being churlish. The decline of civilization has been mooted time and again since the decline of the Roman Empire. Google 'bread and circuses'.

I should probably read less Baudrillard-but...I do tend to agree with him.

Moose, yes it's a pity I can only watch Champions Leaugue football on tv. Still I'm pretty confident these footballers are real.

Just so you know, Mitchum - you and I have had many "civilised" conversations on here when I log on under another name.

"JohnnyC" is just for gaming chat and comparing you to a 14yr old with a god complex.

Just so you know, Mitchum - you and I have had many "civilised" conversations on here when I log on under another name.

"JohnnyC" is just for gaming chat and comparing you to a 14yr old with a god complex.

Oh dear...that makes your trolling under a second user-name all the more tragic.

Love the way you refer to 'JohnnyC' in the third person btw. God complex indeed.

Say what you like, we all know you want to be butt-fucked by Fraiser Crane.

It's so true.

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea...'

Mitchum at the next Thumped party !!

Cantona-kick.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back