The Panel (1 Viewer)

They should have a panel with all men and then have the woman standing behind a breakfast bar in the background saying 'I bet you guys could do with some lemonade after all that crazy talk'.

The best panels are where there is a token working class guy and everyone listens respectfully to marvel at how the arts have civilized a working man.

loose-women.jpg

I was at a debate a couple of weeks ago on Irish Culture, it wasn't a joke, and it actually got pretty heated by the end. Victoria Mary Clarke was the token female. She was pretty bad. She just listed things she didn't like about Ireland. "RED HAIR...BAD TEETH...PEG SAYERS...NEED I SAY MORE?". Anyway, the thing is, she was introduced by a corconian dj whose name I don't know (not John Creedon), with something like "her speach will hopefully involve the removal of some items of clothing in order to make her point...Victoria Mary Clarke!".

I was astounded.

I was at a debate a couple of weeks ago on Irish Culture, it wasn't a joke, and it actually got pretty heated by the end. Victoria Mary Clarke was the token female. She was pretty bad. She just listed things she didn't like about Ireland. "RED HAIR...BAD TEETH...PEG SAYERS...NEED I SAY MORE?". Anyway, the thing is, she was introduced by a corconian dj whose name I don't know (not John Creedon), with something like "her speach will hopefully involve the removal of some items of clothing in order to make her point...Victoria Mary Clarke!".

I was astounded.

Holy shit. :eek:

Victoria Mary Clarke was the token female. She was pretty bad. She just listed things she didn't like about Ireland. "RED HAIR...BAD TEETH...

This from the woman who was/is married to Shane MaGowan?

How many times did she mention him anyway?

I don't get the "removing clothes" thing?

What a disaster this show has become. I actually thought it used to be quite decent. Of course there were plenty of dud moments, but there was the odd laugh. Last night though was just horrible and very hard to watch. Louder does not equal funnier.

That guy trying to make a joke about being struck my lightening/getting super-powers... fuck sake. There was a decent joke in there somewhere, but he couldn't get it out of his stupid face and resorted to yelling instead.

This from the woman who was/is married to Shane MaGowan?

How many times did she mention him anyway?

I don't get the "removing clothes" thing?

He was there, sitting behind me, drinking cans of Bulmers. He heckled her a couple of times.

She was the only woman on the panel. He introduced everyone at the beginning. While introducing her he made some remark about how hopefully she would take her clothes off.

"Thumped On TV" (what a brilliant title) could be shown at 3am between repeats of the Late-Late and Shortland Street. Just imagine....

While introducing her he made some remark about how hopefully she would take her clothes off.

But why?As minor celebrity females go she isn't one reknowned for getting naked in public is she? What an odd thing to say like

She's a woman, and this is the only way women can provide entertainment. (obviously I'm not counting serving cocktails pleasantly)

Obviously.

In other news, Ulick O Connor bemoaned the lack of protection in place for old buildings, and labelled developers as "devil lopers". A Russian guy (the editor of a business magazine i think) had a go at one of the guys from Kila for speaking Irish, saying that almost nobody speaks it anymore and that he shouldn't expect people to pay for his "nice little hobby". Also, he was looking forward to the day when his children could look up at some of the new buildings that Ulick O' Connor was complaining about and proudly say "that is celtic tiger". Gerard Mannix Flynn said curse words and said that the gardai around Sherrif street were so bored that they were robbing themselves.

Someone in the audience wondered why, after all his years of living in Ireland, had he not picked up one single word of Irish. One of the panelisits pointed put to him the language he uses every day that's derrived from Irish. Somone then claimed that the word "JAZZ" is derrived from the word "DEAS". "Sin Ceol deas".

Just thought you'd like to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back