The National (4 Viewers)

yeah, interpol are a bit rubbish as well.

Including their first album.

I just didn't get why people went mad for them. It was like they'd never heard music before or something

I thought Interpol's first album was rubbish BUT I like the first half of their second album.
So there.

The National are alright. They are definitely a bit boring. They did a lovely cover of Pretty in Pink on a Daytrotter session. Mistaken for Strangers is a belter, couple of quite unusual song structures on the album Alligator that are very engaging.
Wouldn't really be interested in hearing another album.

anyone hear a reseemblance between this the national/bloodbuzz

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and this the rakees/the world was a mess
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The first time the National played here they played the Lower Deck, 6 months later they sold out 4 nights in the Olympia. If a band can inscrease their fans by that amount in six months then they have to be good. I haven't heard any of their music but I've seen them twice already. XX, now they are over rated to the max and as for Pony Tail, they are one of the shittest bands I've ever heard.

The first time the National played here they played the Lower Deck, 6 months later they sold out 4 nights in the Olympia.

That's not true. They played the Cobblestone in 2002, Whelans in 2005 (one of my favourite ever gigs), were booked to play the Village about 18 months later but that turned into 2 nights; 1 in the Ambassador and 1 in the Olympia and then about 6 months later they did they do that multinight run in the Olympia.

I'm a big fan but I'm not mad on the new record.

The first time the National played here they played the Lower Deck, 6 months later they sold out 4 nights in the Olympia. If a band can inscrease their fans by that amount in six months then they have to be good.

man, you'd love Susan Boyle. She increased her fans from 0 to millions in a matter of days

man, you'd love Susan Boyle. She increased her fans from 0 to millions in a matter of days

of course having said that

xfactorfailsale.jpg

fame can be so fickle, I hope someone told the National about this....

Do you know what? I was just thinking that nobody enthuses about bands anymore here because as soon as you do, a bunch of eejits like me jump in with a chorus of "they're shite! rubbish! boring!" etc. etc. I am going to take back my earlier comments and dig out The Boxer soon and give it a good listen.

Do you know what? I was just thinking that nobody enthuses about bands anymore here because as soon as you do, a bunch of eejits like me jump in with a chorus of "they're shite! rubbish! boring!" etc. etc. I am going to take back my earlier comments and dig out The Boxer soon and give it a good listen.

Too late Hugh! I remember your comments.

Well in fairness to everyone, this was a thread about not liking the National so if anything it's people who like the National that are ruining this thread

Been having a go at this now for a few songs. First song was a big surprise because I thought Fake Empires was by The Tindersticks. In the middle of the second song my missus walked in and said "What are you listening to? It sounds like Aslan or something ...". Sticking with it though ....

I like all of Alligator very much, and the first song on boxer.
Ain't too sure If i'll get the new one. What I've heard (5/6 songs) isn't impressing me at all.
Apparently they're a great live band, but I've never seen them so naturally I disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back