The Mooncup Thread... (1 Viewer)

Once you have perfected it you will be amazed at how simple the Mooncup is to use. You will need to empty, rinse or wipe and reinsert your Mooncup every four to eight hours depending on your flow. The fluid remains inside the cup, and the process is not messy or uncomfortable

I find it hard to believe its not messy? I have terrible images of public toilets and bloodstained fingers

I find it hard to believe its not messy? I have terrible images of public toilets and bloodstained fingers

it's not really that messy, though it may take a little getting used to. the insertion of it has the same amount of contact with blood as inserting a tampon would. when the blood has collected, there is very very little on the outside, and it stays upright. it doesnt generally get completely full either. once one gets used to it, its not messy at all, and is in fact fairly straightforward. there isnt all that much contact with the blood itself.

of course, it may not suit everywoman, but it is generally a clean method with several considerable advantages for many women.

Once you have perfected it you will be amazed at how simple the Mooncup is to use. You will need to empty, rinse or wipe and reinsert your Mooncup every four to eight hours depending on your flow. The fluid remains inside the cup, and the process is not messy or uncomfortable

you just have to be careful that you take out the mooncup slowly and then tip it into the toilet - or take it out in the shower which is very easy. there's no point in saying you won't touch any blood because you will. just keep wipes with you and use toilets with a sink!

there is no need for any shame or embarassment whatsoever: rather the opposite. its a shared female experience (which is probably what disturbs men most of all) which through open discussion - and freedom from useless notions of "dirtyness" and "mess" - is a very powerful thing in terms of self realisation and the feminine being.

without going off on a vigourous feminist rant (though the possibility and temptation is strong for me personally!), its amazing how something so simple and universal has been used for countless years in our culture to instill insecurities in women, and it is a real pleasure to see that frank and open discussion is possible on the subject: gives me hope that maybe we are getting there at last.

there is no need for any shame or embarassment whatsoever: rather the opposite. its a shared female experience (which is probably what disturbs men most of all) which through open discussion - and freedom from useless notions of "dirtyness" and "mess" - is a very powerful thing in terms of self realisation and the feminine being.

without going off on a vigourous feminist rant (though the possibility and temptation is strong for me personally!), its amazing how something so simple and universal has been used for countless years in our culture to instill insecurities in women, and it is a real pleasure to see that frank and open discussion is possible on the subject: gives me hope that maybe we are getting there at last.

:)

The mooncup sounds great, I'd try/use it if I were a girl.

Bollocks, you're just into burgundy water sports

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back