The Mingers/Only Fumes & Corpses/Los Mendozas tour (1 Viewer)

Momme always asks for his vocals to be quiet low in the mix. The only band that soundchecked were Find A Way. No band was rushed to start their set so everyband had the same amount of time to get their sound right. The reason in my opinion why The Mingers sound was not great was that the bass had too much treble, gain and high in the mix. This was the bass players choice. It is his amp and he knows his sound best.

When yas were on in the Lower Deck you could hear him totally clear and why does he want his vocals lower if he is the main vocalist?
The soundcheck comment I r bad, I meant the amount of time bands set up fine tuning etc! Mingers and Los Mendozas just seemed to be having fun / enjoying the drink and hence gave less time to it.

Good night though as hadn't being to Dorans in awhile.
:)

When yas were on in the Lower Deck you could hear him totally clear and why does he want his vocals lower if he is the main vocalist?
The soundcheck comment I r bad, I meant the amount of time bands set up fine tuning etc! Mingers and Los Mendozas just seemed to be having fun / enjoying the drink and hence gave less time to it.

Good night though as hadn't being to Dorans in awhile.
:)

Because Janer, not everyone wants the vocals to be that loud simple as that. Especially as Momme has pretty powerful voice so id say his vocals can be too loud sometimes.

his vocals were totally fine. if anything the guitars were too low.

Belfast was great last night. All bands sounded ace, well Mac was the soundman so experience counts. All the bands were excellent. Nice meeting people again and I even sold a couple of records.

Three copies of Knifed/Bastard Youth :p

It's ok if you're going deaf in your old age janer!! No point in self-denial.:p
It's the sort of venue where it depends on where your standing I think, Damo was down the back maybe, I was half way up.
Here anyway is OFAC so make your own minds up. :)

[ame="http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=vjufsKTMebM"]YouTube - OFAC / Trilogy of songs[/ame]

jaysus, eamon dorans is a terrible venue, out of pints at 11 oclock ,what a load of shite!!!los mendozas were fuckin annoying, the mingers were quite good, i didnt see ofac.obviously its a much better atmosphere without the use of a massive stage.

Sligo gig was deadly!.|..| the young lads from sligo the complaints were at the very best I have seen them. Only fumes were on top form as always. los mendosas would not shut up even though they were pretty funny at times however when they did play it was pretty good. I cant remember the mingers but what I remember hearing was pretty good. Alot of shit at the end with some kid throwing a glass through a window costing 300 yoyos and a fight nearly breaking out with his mates being total wankers.:mad: dont know what happened after I left am pretty drunk at the same time but we may lose coolera house with some really good gigs coming up very soon. Cant wait for Galway Tomorrow though:p

More Rock Less Talk. The Mingers and The Corpses were great last night. I heard about the hassle with the window this morning, bad form. I'll throw up photos later.

Propagandhi%20-%20Less%20Talk%20More%20Rock%20CD.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back