The Mingers/Only Fumes & Corpses/Los Mendozas tour (1 Viewer)

You'll feel slightly embarrased about being a pretentious 17 year old when your older too.

I take it you speak from experience.

i are liek toe-dally not pretentious...

939165868_l-1.jpg

Interesting gig, sound was good at start then band by band it got worse....my ears are ringing too.
Los Mendozas were funny and interesting but I still but couldn't feel that it had been done before by a certain Nerdlinger.
The Mingers were my favourite band of the night but that was obviously down to my music preferences, the girl had a great voice but as I said earlier the sound was atrocious by the time they got on to play.
One word of warning no BULMERS cider on draught or large bottles.

Pics of the night here.........

http://pix.ie/punkrock/465598/size/800/in/album/319744

this pic summed up the gig for me.

Attachments

• 210208.jpg
    210208.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 88
^ lolz:D:D:D. As Janer said the sound seemed to be great at start and not so good at the end, the bass was way to loud for the Mingers, plus where did everyone seem to go, place was largely deserted by end of their set:confused::eek:

Mingers were fockin great. Pity about the sound alright.

Dunno, looks like the moshspace crowd have a similar mentality to blast - Ya come to see your mate's band and then fuck off :( Also, some lad towards the end, dunno if he was running it or what shoved past me all very important like to tell the mingers they had fuck all time left and ploughed through me on the way back. Dunno wtf was goin on there.

Also, some lad towards the end, dunno if he was running it or what shoved past me all very important like to tell the mingers they had fuck all time left and ploughed through me on the way back. Dunno wtf was goin on there.

What time was this? dorans usually like to cut gigs of around 11 to turn the place into a shitty disco

Dunno, looks like the moshspace crowd have a similar mentality to blast - Ya come to see your mate's band and then fuck off :( Also, some lad towards the end, dunno if he was running it or what shoved past me all very important like to tell the mingers they had fuck all time left and ploughed through me on the way back. Dunno wtf was goin on there.

Ah now in fairness people left after 4 bands had played. Some have buses to get and besides, people can leave if they want.

How do you know if u left!!!
they were def the best band of the night but as people said earlier the sound was atrocious by the time they got on, also the lead vocalist of The Mingers kept checking her watch after each song so obviously she was let know that they only had so long to play etc, can't have helped..........

BTW they are def better live than studio, their album is decent but softer than their live set etc

I wanted to film more of The Mingers but the vocalist jumped down and it was in the pitch black, camcorder couldn't handle it and anyways the rest of the band jumped into the pit for the next songs!! Sound as I said earlier was atrocious.

YouTube - The Mingers / XsongX

How do you know if u left!!!

i left after 3 songs.
los mendozas might be good if they will play some music and not just talk shit.
OFAC was the best last night. the sound was just perfect.
the gig starts very early, we came too late to see first two bands.

For OFAC the sound was good although not perfect as the vocals for Momme was too low.
Reason why it was proberly shite for the last 2 bands was that they had fuck all of a sound check, OFAC spent a good while getting their sound sorted etc
As I said earlier too.....
" The Mingers were my favourite band of the night but that was obviously down to my music preferences"

For OFAC the sound was good although not perfect as the vocals for Momme was too low.
Reason why it was proberly shite for the last 2 bands was that they had fuck all of a sound check, OFAC spent a good while getting their sound sorted etc

Momme always asks for his vocals to be quiet low in the mix. The only band that soundchecked were Find A Way. No band was rushed to start their set so everyband had the same amount of time to get their sound right. The reason in my opinion why The Mingers sound was not great was that the bass had too much treble, gain and high in the mix. This was the bass players choice. It is his amp and he knows his sound best.
They sounded much better in Belfast tonight. Great band and really nice people. Huge thanx to everyone who came to this last night. I was really worried that some of the punx might not come to this because of variuos reasons but it was deadly to see all the usual faces there.

that is completely untrue, the place was packed when ofac and los mendozas played.

i ran the gig last night and i never once told anyone they had to be done by a certain time. infact the gig finished 15 mins early.

los mendozas might be good if they will play some music and not just talk shit.
quote]

yeah... they should be like every other band! :rolleyes:

while they went on a bit i thought they were funny. and the songs rocked when they did manage to play them....the splitting the room craic was good fun as well.

that is completely untrue, the place was packed when ofac and los mendozas played.

i ran the gig last night and i never once told anyone they had to be done by a certain time. infact the gig finished 15 mins early.
Hey, I made the assumption that they were being forced off after the lights came on in the middle of their set and the bar staff looked like they were waiting for em to go.

Much apologies.

Belfast was great last night. All bands sounded ace, well Mac was the soundman so experience counts. All the bands were excellent. Nice meeting people again and I even sold a couple of records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back