The Last of Us (1 Viewer)

This show has me in such a defensive position, that when a character said his wife was pregs, I was immediately "Well that's you dead in about a half hour of TV time"

Starting to think the best way to watch this is like a western. Like it's got nothing essentially to do with zombies etc. (we just had like 1 1/2 episodes without any.
It's people in a survival story. Like I dunno, Josie Wales or something. What makes us tick.
Feeling vindicated in this super hot take

well i knew the story and knew where it was going, but even still I sat there eyes wide open going HOLY SHIT at the end of that episode

She’ll be in it next week.
NEXT WEEK

so, for those unaware

Original Joel = James in this week's episode
Original Tommy = Perry (Kathleen's beardy guy)
Original Ellie = Ellie's mother in next week's episode
Original Marlene = Marlene

This was a really good close out

The difference between being a parent and being paternalistic

Being brave and unselfish enough to give kids agency

Last edited:
NEXT WEEK

so, for those unaware

Original Joel = James in this week's episode
Original Tommy = Perry (Kathleen's beardy guy)
Original Ellie = Ellie's mother in next week's episode
Original Marlene = Marlene
also, Abby from TLOU2 = one of the nurses

it was great. Almost exactly the same as the game.
They really stuck the landing. They made a zombie show with basically no zombies, and it was awesome.

Even just using the ladder thing to show us how afraid he is of losing her.
And how unafraid she is now of being separated.

The idea of losing a kid to adulthood and the larger world, and it's layered with him having already lost his daughter. Really gets you in the emotions.

We gonna be all like 2 years older when this is on again?

They really stuck the landing. They made a zombie show with basically no zombies, and it was awesome.

Even just using the ladder thing to show us how afraid he is of losing her.
And how unafraid she is now of being separated.

The idea of losing a kid to adulthood and the larger world, and it's layered with him having already lost his daughter. Really gets you in the emotions.

We gonna be all like 2 years older when this is on again?
Yeah the second game takes place 5 years later and you should spend that time mentally preparing. It’s heavy stuff.

The boost/ladder thing is a straight lift from a gameplay mechanic. So much of the script was taken directly from the game, it makes you remember just how good it was. A man on YouTube described it as being “‘The Godfather’ of video games”. It really was that good.

So you're battling raiders and zombies and bad people in this game and your reward in the game is these moments of beauty and the characters having a loving connection?

That is wild

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back