The Last of Us (1 Viewer)

Watched the first episode tonight. Enjoyed it. Seen it all before but whatevs.

Man, I swear to heck i have seen that superman-sketches-in-an-attic thing before and the kid with the painted face
Dang it. My memory is for shit.

Hopefully his Mom isn't the vengeful type.

Wait.
Shit.
I’m not sure she’s his mother - credits list the man crying over his body as “Bryan’s father” or something. This isn’t taken from the game (Henry and Sam, and the pleading to not be killed stuff is) so I dunno

a lot of this week's episode was lifted straight from the game, BUT IT DIDN'T MAKE IT ANY EASIER, DAMMIT

Lamar Johnson who played Henry:

MV5BNjQ0NTIwMTgtMDIzYS00YTRhLWFjYmQtZThmODQwZGFiMTA3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA3MTU2MjE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1280_.jpg

was previously on a long running Canadian kids tv show The Next Step:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I totally get where Dave is coming from on this being average, but I am still enjoying it a lot.

Starting to think the best way to watch this is like a western. Like it's got nothing essentially to do with zombies etc. (we just had like 1 1/2 episodes without any.
It's people in a survival story. Like I dunno, Josie Wales or something. What makes us tick.
Anyways, this is well made TV
I liked Henry peeking above the door light glass and the red band reflected across his eyes. they're a duo, he's the hero.
1676418618003.png

And I liked Kathleen's speech about forgiveness, and "what is the point of that?" Totally telling on herself. And then it gets answered in the end. She forsakes forgiveness for vengeance and it gets her and everyone else killed/heads ripped off. Forgiveness stops the cycle. her brother protected her as a kid, and he was trying to protect her again. And she couldn't listen.

Other thing was Joel saying it's easier on kids cos they have no one relying on them.
Then the deaf kid goes and gets himself bit and the effect it has on Ellie for that final scene. oh man.
First time she looks truly enervated that I can remember. No sass, no smart mouth. Just let's get going. She had someone rely on her, and she tried to fix him and now he's dead. Welcome to Joeltown, kid.

I totally get where Dave is coming from on this being average, but I am still enjoying it a lot.

Starting to think the best way to watch this is like a western. Like it's got nothing essentially to do with zombies etc. (we just had like 1 1/2 episodes without any.
It's people in a survival story. Like I dunno, Josie Wales or something. What makes us tick.
Anyways, this is well made TV
I liked Henry peeking above the door light glass and the red band reflected across his eyes. they're a duo, he's the hero.
View attachment 16667

And I liked Kathleen's speech about forgiveness, and "what is the point of that?" Totally telling on herself. And then it gets answered in the end. She forsakes forgiveness for vengeance and it gets her and everyone else killed/heads ripped off. Forgiveness stops the cycle. her brother protected her as a kid, and he was trying to protect her again. And she couldn't listen.

Other thing was Joel saying it's easier on kids cos they have no one relying on them.
Then the deaf kid goes and gets himself bit and the effect it has on Ellie for that final scene. oh man.
First time she looks truly enervated that I can remember. No sass, no smart mouth. Just let's get going. She had someone rely on her, and she tried to fix him and now he's dead. Welcome to Joeltown, kid.
i liked the part where
joel couldn't shoot the child-clicker in the car - she was dressed a lot like Sarah was at the start of the game

i liked the part where
joel couldn't shoot the child-clicker in the car - she was dressed a lot like Sarah was at the start of the game
I was wondering what was going on there

4 episodes left.
And we're only just getting going. Dang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back