the iRA and the Bank Robbery (2 Viewers)

Chocohead said:
yes i would agree. you could add another few hundred probably too while ye were at it.

Really? So are you really saying you don't think that MI5 carrying out the robbery is more likely than the Tokyo Yakuza or Latex Lizzie?

Latex lizzie said:
I could be wrong but I suspect you're on drugs. Whats with the "your media and government told you he was in the IRA " That infers that they are not your government? they are.

Let's not forget that Chocohead is a member of Sinn Fein.

Sinn Fein/IRA actually dosen't recognise our democratically elected government as the "legitimate" government of Ireland. If you actually listen to the weasel language Sinn Fein/IRA routinely use you'll notice they refer to the "Dublin Government" etc. They actually take their mandate from some early declaration in 1922 (I'm not sure of the exact dates).

Seriously. They don't mention this much, and I believe they are a bit embarrassed about this stance but they actually don't recognise the authority of the "Dublin Government" / "Free State" whatever they're calling it this week.

blab away people.

hugh, how many fucking times do i have to say ive no idea who done it and wait and see? tell me, whats your point?

muertos vivientes!, what?

rothko - another person who knows how shinners think eh? we;re all the same sure arent we.

so tell me people, about all those arrested last night. 7 arrested, 2 released (leaves 5) and the so called sinn fein person happens to be in the RealIRA. they dont hang around with sinn fein. they arent linked to Sinn Fein. It was lies again - lies some of you believed.

but then again, i dont see any of ye's discussing things like that.

So who's going to tell me what happened with the Spyring then. instead of spouting and pouting on high horses like a lot have recently been doing in this thread.

i will say though, some people who have responded in this thread are ignorant assholes who assail people because of their politcal beliefs and yet themselves avoid making any points whatsoever outside of dried up, stereotypical anti Sinn fein mouthings they've heard on the telly.

Jesus, whats happened to thumped anyway?

Chocohead said:
because i dont trust them. i would wonder who to go to alright, so i'd probaly take up the suggestion of the priest or the lawyer - either of whom could report a crime, either through their job in law or as a moral obligation

Because obviously if they went to court to testify with the information that they had been given all that stuff about hearsay being inadmissable would be ignored.

Chocohead said:
all he's worried about is the PDs losing to the shinners. only 300,000 more people voted for SF than the PDs - its people like him the IRA referred to when they mentioned politicians putting their own career before the peace process. let him gibber all he wants.

Oh please, NO ONE who cast a vote for the PD's in the last election is suddenly going to switch allegiance to Sinn Fein.

Chocohead said:
and balls to that. you prove to me it was someone else, ye eejit. everyones guilty now until proven innocent in the world of you eh?

Thats in the court of law, this is the court of public opinion and the jury is in. And by making that statement by the way you've just invalidated your whole "it was MI5" stance as they haven't been been convicted of anything.

Chocohead said:
whats with this place? you are the second person in this thread who says one thing then swings round and says the opposite without ever realising the hypocracy of doing so.

presume you are referring to me as the other person to do this?

the incorrect use of "towards" instead of "against" skewed my point, but we're not talking about a 360 degree turnaround here.

Unicron said:
Thats in the court of law, this is the court of public opinion and the jury is in. And by making that statement by the way you've just invalidated your whole "it was MI5" stance as they haven't been been convicted of anything.

ive already said, havent I, that i dont know who done it. I have a big big suspicion SF werent involved, but as ive said numerous time in this thread, we will have to wait and see. If you had read the thread you may have noticed that and I wouldnt be wasting my time typing this

Yes because I obviously picked one random post to read independantly of all the others in this thread.

Wait and see for what? Who gets arrested in connection with the bank raid, bit late for that.

The most that I'm willing to concede here is that SF might not have known that it was going to happen and the IRA have left them up shit creek by pulling the job.

But if that is true then you really have to question how relevant they are. If they can't keep the provisionals on the leash then what good are they?

they have a rather large, electorial mandate. their job in this ISNT to control the IRA. if you think that then thats a complete cop out.

I agree with you though. Maybe the IRA did do it and left them up shit creek. I said ealier that if that was the case then there defintely will be a major sea change. i think thats happening now. the provos are on their way out, and the realIRA are on their way in. i have a deep suspicion the realIRA arent as dead as everyone thinks and probably pulled the robbery or were heavily involved in it. maybe with some provos - who knows.

The only thing I honestly give a shit about is peace in the north. Its not going to happen at this rate as the past 8 years have proved that the realira, as little time as i have for them, actually had some semblance of a point when they said the british and unionists dont really want peace. there was achance at christmas and it was fucked up.

what will more than likely happen is SF will break all ties with the IRA, the provos will wind down and someone else will fill the void. in other words no peace again for the next 35 years.

I think that the idea that SF planned the robberies (as in what blair, bertie etc believe) is complete codswollop and certain southern politicians are playing political opportunists to use the situation to reduce the sinn fein vote. they're choosing their careers over peace and i think that is completely out of order.

Thats what I see now but obviously not too many others see that. fair enough.

i actually thought that was quite funny. they reckon it was planted. hahahaha. in an ruc facility? it'd be as easy to plant semtex but no-one ever done that probably due to the high level of security so I cant see how they money was planted.

See the documentary on TG4 earlier tonight about gardai and ruc collusion in murders in the north. was very interesting.

Chocohead said:
blab away people.

hugh, how many fucking times do i have to say ive no idea who done it and wait and see? tell me, whats your point?

My point is that it is not unreasonable for people (yourself included) to speculate about who they believe the likely culprits to be. You yourself have speculated that it could be the M15 (you did more than speculate actually, you presented it as fact) and at a later point that it was the Real IRA. Yet when others state their belief that it was the IRA (with or without Sinn Fein knowledge or approval) you start either hysterically screaming at them about producing evidence and proof or suggest in an extremely patronising manner that they have been duped by the media into believing that. You did start this whole thing by inviting people to say what they thought ......

But anyway, "wait and see" .... fair enough.

hugh, fair enough i see what you mean. I disagree with your saying I start screaming blah blah blah etc, but the IRA are the only ones to state they had nothing to do with it. You'll never get the RUC etc etc to say they had nothing to do with it.

and precisely - lets wait and see though Im sure if it works out that most of you on here are wrong, I doubt any of you will actually bring th ematter up

hugh said:
You did start this whole thing by inviting people to say what they thought ......

But anyway, "wait and see" .... fair enough.

yes but i didnt ask for a barrage of unrelated and unsubstaniated insults for being a member of sinn fein though did I? If people want to be pricks, fine, but they should be prepared for me to argue with them if they insist on being so.

The IRA did it,

The IRA did it,

The IRA did it,

no really, The M15/PSNI are hardly gonna pull off the biggest Bank robbery in Northern Irelands history to frame the IRA/discredit Sinn Fein. I mean its not exactly the same as what happened in Talbot st. in 1974 is it? Thats kooky talk...just silly. Who else could have possibly done it? The Anti - Santa Claus??
Sinn Fein may not have known about it. Thats as far as you can stretch it. Anything else.....well you're living in denial.

Ah but look at things how I see it.
Whoever it was (certainly Republicans anyway) have managed to pull off one of the biggest bank raids in history, in the middle of the day, at the busiest time of year for town, and they have then been able to drive off at the height of rush-hour without being even chased by the cops. All this despite the fact that the police were in fact alerted to suspicious activity at the Northern Bank.
Then, money from the bank heist is found at a police service recreation facility.
Dunno about anyone else, but to me this says that right, Republicans have pulled off the bank heist, but guess what? They had help from inside the police force, be it one officer or a group of officers, who were in on the deal, may well have played a role in preventing discovery of the raid, and who have then had part of their distribution scheme discovered.
As far as I'm concerned, this makes a hell of a lot more sense than "The IRA planted the money in our shower-room."
Like, what fuckin RA member is going to risk walking into a police recreation facility with a bag full of stolen Northern Bank notes just in an effort to frame the police? And would personnel at this facility not have recognised the fact of a total stranger doing exactly this? However, if a well-known face walks in there with a sports-bag over his shoulder, well thats a different matter isn't it, it's just constable Parker going for a bit of a work out ain't it?
Which sounds more fuckin likely? PSNI are wankers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back