the iRA and the Bank Robbery (1 Viewer)

Chocohead said:
there you go. Thats the height of your debate , and i use that word very very lightly.

anyway be an asshole. insinuate Im stupid because you have no answers for me - it really says more about you than me.

i give up on the lot of ye's. No one fecken question of mine has been answered, and instead Im fed shit about canvessors. as i say, if a postman does something bad and hes in the gAA, doesnt mean the GAA condones the bad thing. really, think a bit. actually, dont think. wallow in your ignorance, it's really makes no odds

*ahem* people in glasshouses. Liked the postman GAA story. Lovely stuff.Nice and simple language "bad things" funny really.

did they rob the bank? politics in general is criminal - find me a politician who HASNT been involved in some level of crime - backhanders, dodgy voting, lying through the teeth.

In answer to your question though, i ve no idea. republicans have been in volved in crime caused through politics and because of a situation created because of politics. is that technically a criminal crime or a political crime?

What im arguing against is this notion that SF organised the bank robbery and were negotiating for peace on one hand and planning a bank heist on the other. Ive been waiting since christmas for some kind of proof but its not going happen, is it .... all i get here is reguritated crap people hear on the fucking radio.

Latex lizzie said:
i give up on the lot of ye's. No one fecken question of mine has been answered, and instead Im fed shit about canvessors. as i say, if a postman does something bad and hes in the gAA, doesnt mean the GAA condones the bad thing. really, think a bit. actually, dont think. wallow in your ignorance, it's really makes no odds

*ahem* people in glasshouses. Liked the postman GAA story. Lovely stuff.Nice and simple language "bad things" funny really.

now you;re telling me i live in a glass house? its a bungalow. really, where the fuck are you going with this shite? stop the crap and tell me what your point is cus i dont see it.

Chocohead said:
did they rob the bank? politics in general is criminal - find me a politician who HASNT been involved in some level of crime - backhanders, dodgy voting, lying through the teeth.

In answer to your question though, i ve no idea. republicans have been in volved in crime caused through politics and because of a situation created because of politics. is that technically a criminal crime or a political crime?

What im arguing against is this notion that SF organised the bank robbery and were negotiating for peace on one hand and planning a bank heist on the other. Ive been waiting since christmas for some kind of proof but its not going happen, is it .... all i get here is reguritated crap people hear on the fucking radio.

i'm now with chocohead by way of tom.

regardless of who did this, it's been seized upon by the media and the establishment to discredit sinn fein. the bias in the majority of reportage on the subject is now obscene. there really does appear to be strong support for the resurgence of the SDLP in the government and the media. i don't claim to understand what actually happened or how much was or was not known, but we have been given no evidence either way and as such it is undemocratic and pretty fucking dangerous to beat the sinners over the head with this so completely.

and i dont know where all the fucking apathy has come from, latex. you may be sick of reading about it but a lot of people are still fucking living with it. it's not sorted out and your 'big chat' idea is just a little bit condescending.

Latex lizzie said:
http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0218/cork.html

not my favorite guy..but thats a pretty bold statement.

all he's worried about is the PDs losing to the shinners. only 300,000 more people voted for SF than the PDs - its people like him the IRA referred to when they mentioned politicians putting their own career before the peace process. let him gibber all he wants.

empty vessels make most noise

..yeah agreed. Sorry.I've been a gitface today.

Choccohead you are intitled to your opinion no matter how much I think you are wrong and I have trivialised it. I'm in a shite mood. so appologies. I hope my past record on the politics board may mitigate in my defence.

On with the show.

hahaha - good ole RTE and its fair reporting:

"Seven held in garda raids on PIRA activities" - moved very from going from ex sinn fein councillor to PIRA member. when did they uncover this then? what? they didnt and they dont know if hes in the IRA .. never! RTE wouldnt lie to good irish citizens.

Latex lizzie said:
..yeah agreed. Sorry.I've been a gitface today.

Choccohead you are intitled to your opinion no matter how much I think you are wrong and I have trivialised it. I'm in a shite mood. so appologies. I hope my past record on the politics board may mitigate in my defence.

On with the show.

you and everyone else think im wrong, but when the evidence doesnt appear, and when we find out last nights boyos were shinners ten years ago and since joined some other republican outfit, I'll still be asking the same questions.

Chocohead said:
Anyway, it was obviously Mi5 - as in the same people behind the dublin/monaghan bombings. blair needed to move the process by hook or by crook - criminalising the republican movement via a big bank job (like what goods 22m northern irish notes to anyone but a government?) was the handiest solution to save blairs rep, keep paisley happy and move the process on(backwards to a unionist run statelet again)

Do you still believe this?

No it's not. It is much more likley that the IRA stole the money.

who are these people that are being arrested at the moment?

Government operatives perhaps?

I dont think the Gov would go so public with this unless they could prove beyond doubt...they would never recover if any fraudulent dealings were uncovered..sin fein would kill them in any election.

who are these people that are being arrested at the moment?
i have no idea and to be honest, neither do you. they are 'linked' to sinn fein, but we've yet to see what those 'links' are.

I dont think the Gov would go so public with this unless they could prove beyond doubt...they would never recovered if any fraudulent dealings were uncover..sin fein would kill them in any election.

doubt all you want. still isnt based in fact. you're going on hearsay.

i mean for gods sake, take a look at the whole thing here. its a big bad world, especially in politics. the government love people like you who dont ask questions. and of course they'd recovered, because you'd be told to forget it and you would. like the spy ring, which incidentaly no one has explained to me yet. ive been asking for ages about that and everyones handily forgotton it.

ah here, I said I was sorry for acting the goat earlier but you can go fuck yourself.

"the government loves people like you who dont ask questions????"

fuck off would ya.

Have a look at some of the previous threads in the politics forum. Look under "doubting thomas" and you'll find me.

Chocohead said:
the government love people like you who dont ask questions.

piss off.

you have as much evidence as any of us. I understand you want to protect your precious political stance but you have to accept the open possibility that it was the IRA as much as you want us to believe it was Mi5.

unless you can prove to me that it wasn't the ira then stop pointing out other peoples 'heresay'

p.s. mcdowell is as much of a prick as the ira

no i will not piss off. its being rammed down my throat that SF are criminals and the government is right, by people who believe them without any evidence. piss off yourself, wake up, smell the coffee and all that shit

Chocohead said:
no i will not piss off. its being rammed down my throat that SF are criminals and the government is right, by people who believe them without any evidence. piss off yourself, wake up, smell the coffee and all that shit

stop with the persecution complex. it's really annoying.

broken arm said:
unless you can prove to me that it wasn't the ira then stop pointing out other peoples 'heresay'

and balls to that. you prove to me it was someone else, ye eejit. everyones guilty now until proven innocent in the world of you eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back