the iRA and the Bank Robbery (2 Viewers)

rocktopus said:
No link between IRA and SinnFein?

Quick! Someone tell Adams an Co. that someone( securorcrats or Irish Independant jounalists no doubt)have hacked into www.sinnfeinbookshop.com/) and are selling these!

nwiratshirt.JPG

go read some history and learn something. alot of sinn fein supporters are also IRA supporters, but people like you have no idea why and I cant be arsed explaining.

Problematic said:
You again dismiss the reality of many working class communities in the six counties as communities filled with thugs who have wanton criminality coursing through their veins. The policing issue is the issue at the core of the problems within the GFA, this issue is complex and after the last thirty years isn`t something that is going to be fixed easily. Nationalists in the six counties have zero faith in the RUC/PSNI, you accuse chocohead of knowing "nothing about the civilized conduct of government". Are you having a laugh ? Seriously, do you have any idea of the effects the "civilized conduct of government" has had on the nationislist community in the six counties over the last 40 and more years ? .

regarding "civilised conduct of government" certain members of the nationalist community have hardly helped the situation - for example kidnapping and murdering a woman for having the nerve helping a dying man.

the nationalist community have created a lot of problems with their attitudes - if more catholics joined the PSNI there would be less of a problem with trust.

Problematic said:
The people you say are victims of community "bullying" are the "victims" that are giving Sinn Fein nearly 100% electoral support.

I doubt they will any more thanks to the Robert McCarthy murderers

ITalkShite said:
I think this would be the man-down-the-pub attitude that Mr. Deaf Ro was referring to.

You can't seriously expect that to be taken as a realistic argument for the 'legitimacy' or whatever else of punishment beatings. If the government was to threaten to beat me up and whack bullets into my legs, do you think anyone would try to defend it by saying 'Well, he got a verbal warning'?

There are solid historical, political and social reasons why the IRA exists. But you can't expect to get away with a quasi-defence of punishment beatings that is as weak as that.

so theres no police force for large sections of the community to go to and you dont call that an argument? fix the problem and the symptons will go. john hume said that years ago and STILL no-one has done that.

If youre going to get so moral about punishment beatings then at least find out why they happen. In those communities, the average local would soon tell you exactly what they think - but you'd probably ignore them too. SOme of the 'social reasons' you mention are the reason punishment beatings have to happen.

spiritualtramp said:
regarding "civilised conduct of government" certain members of the nationalist community have hardly helped the situation - for example kidnapping and murdering a woman for having the nerve helping a dying man.

the nationalist community have created a lot of problems with their attitudes - if more catholics joined the PSNI there would be less of a problem with trust.

I doubt they will any more thanks to the Robert McCarthy murderers

ah here we go again.

I have no idea what went on with the unfortunate mr mccarthy. You should go to the ruc/priest/solicitor since you obviously have information that no-one else has otherwise you shouldnt be able to make such claims. How do you know it wasnt dissidents, a local row, the inla, the uvf? answer? YOU DONT KNOW.

As for your comments on the ruc and more catholics joing - off you go. You really really really just dont fucking get it. Cant educate bacon.

Latex lizzie said:
why not when I have one right here?

answer the question.

ok - let me repeat my answer from before.

Some nationalists in the north vote for SF and ALSO SUPPORT THE IRA. if you understood your history you would understand why that is, plus you would understand why sinn fein make cash out of it, plus you would understand that there are those who respect the IRA for what they have done to protec since the troubles began.

You arent from there, you dont understand the sociology of the place, you do not CARE about the place - you will never ever understand until you start to TRY to understand.

thats the best answer I can give you.

spiritualtramp said:

Jesus, I hope you aren`t serious with this stuff but I fear that you are. If you really think this was a viable solutuion in the 70s or 80s or even now then good luck, I ain`t going to waste my time trying to convince you otherwise.

Chocohead said:
ah here we go again.

I have no idea what went on with the unfortunate mr mccarthy. You should go to the ruc/priest/solicitor since you obviously have information that no-one else has otherwise you shouldnt be able to make such claims. How do you know it wasnt dissidents, a local row, the inla, the uvf? answer? YOU DONT KNOW..

it is common knowledge that the murder was commited by republicans linked to Sinn Fein.

Chocohead said:
As for your comments on the ruc and more catholics joing - off you go. You really really really just dont fucking get it. Cant educate bacon.

I'm not a catholic.

spiritualtramp said:
it is common knowledge that the murder was commited by republicans linked to Sinn Fein.

must be true - everyone says so!!

sorry but I need more proof than that

I'm not a catholic.

fair enough. probably explains why you are so biased against SF though. mightnt either, but I can make such assumptions since worse assumptions have been made about me in this thread

Problematic said:
Jesus, I hope you aren`t serious with this stuff but I fear that you are. If you really think this was a viable solutuion in the 70s or 80s or even now then good luck, I ain`t going to waste my time trying to convince you otherwise.

note that I said PSNI which didn't exist in the 70's or 80's.

More catholics joining the PSNI and ALL parties recognising the PSNI is the only solution to the crisis in the north. And its a hell of a lot more viable than the magical 32 counties.

Chocohead said:
ok - let me repeat my answer from before.

Some nationalists in the north vote for SF and ALSO SUPPORT THE IRA. if you understood your history you would understand why that is, plus you would understand why sinn fein make cash out of it, plus you would understand that there are those who respect the IRA for what they have done to protec since the troubles began.

You arent from there, you dont understand the sociology of the place, you do not CARE about the place - you will never ever understand until you start to TRY to understand.

thats the best answer I can give you.

It may be the best answer you can give but is in essence pretty poor. Not unlike the rest of your arguments. However the point still remains that Sinn Fein make no effort to distance themselves from the behaviour of the IRA. By selling T shirts of snipers in their online shop saying "sniper at work" what kind of message does this send to the rest of the world when they are saying they are interested in peace? Personally I would never be able to vote for a party that was that dumb.History aside, there is no reason to make up a t shirt like that and every reason not to in the current climate of "peace" talks.

Chocohead said:
fair enough. probably explains why you are so biased against SF though. mightnt either, but I can make such assumptions since worse assumptions have been made about me in this thread

Why do you assume my religion has anything to do with me being "biased" against Sinn Fein?

spiritualtramp said:

More catholics joining the PSNI and ALL parties recognising the PSNI is the only solution to the crisis in the north. And its a hell of a lot more viable than the magical 32 counties.

Emmm...

Hey, I hear the new Iraqi police force is on the look out for recruits, too.

You first!

spiritualtramp said:

The PSNI is essentially the RUC, the Brits commissioned the Patton Report which when completed dessimated the policing services and recommended huge and immediate changes. This was a good thing and people looked forward to catholics joining the PSNI and Sinn Fein taking seats on the policing board which essentially puts the IRA out of action, once Sinn Fein accept places on the policing board, thus accepting policing in the six counties as legitimate, the IRA ceases to have any fucntion in catholic communities. However, when the Patton report that they commissioned said things they didn`t want to heae, the British government basically shelved it. Consequently the PSNI is at present no differnet to the RUC, bar a cosmetic change of badge, the members are still the same goons who were there in the 70s and 80. Catholics can`t and won`t join and give legitimacy to this force, it is not realistic. When the patton report is implimented this will change.

Of course all this is more immediately achieveble than the "magical 32 counties", but that is still up for grabs too.

Problematic said:
thus accepting policing in the six counties as legitimate, the IRA ceases to have any fucntion in catholic communities.

What your post indicates to me is that the IRA are the police of the Catholic community in the north of Ireland.

Why don't the SDLP have a role in the decision making of the IRA? They would considered a party that represents Catholics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back