The Herring and the Brine (1 Viewer)

I think I still like Brother Peter the best at the moment, maybe because it sums up exactly how I've been feeling for the last while. Still, Ox in an Open Door is an indie smash hit and I like Restring the Bow a lot as well...I like the way the line 'there's something that I wriggle free from' has the hint of wriggling in the music too...is this musical onomatopaeia (sp?) or have I become completely illiterate?

I think we should nurture the choice music prize rumour and then it will become a reality.

I think I still like Brother Peter the best at the moment, maybe because it sums up exactly how I've been feeling for the last while. Still, Ox in an Open Door is an indie smash hit and I like Restring the Bow a lot as well...I like the way the line 'there's something that I wriggle free from' has the hint of wriggling in the music too...is this musical onomatopaeia (sp?) or have I become completely illiterate?

I think we should nurture the choice music prize rumour and then it will become a reality.

I agree. Theres definitely not enough wriggling in music these days

I love this album too. It's got that rarest of qualities in an album; genuinely emotional songs.
First album is also fantastic. I have never listened to "The Ballad of....." without getting a lump in my throat.

As for Ro himself...... what an asshole!

For those of you who haven't seen this gig announcement, I'll be playing with Unclealo/uncle meat (Spook) and The Scientician (Big Monster Love) at the gig below - huzzah for music (expect Paul McCartney since he went crap)!

Mumblin' Deaf Ro (solo)
Spook of the Thirteenth Lock
Big Monster Love

Bewley's Café Theatre
Thursday 19 July @ 8pm
Admission €10

It's a cosy little venue with a strict 50-seat capacity so I am making tickets available from my myspace page (www/myspace.com/mumblindeafro). The tickets you buy will be available for collection on the night. If you would prefer me to post them out to you, then:

1- Book them on the myspace page and then,
2 - Email me afterwards ([email protected]) and we'll sort something out.

AMAZING!!!

Brian could you do something similar sticking the spook dudes on the Chieftains in China Poster. Pah-lease

sure thing,now that i've learned photoshop in one go!

clone stamp tool, i tells ya.

and mike, shut your cake hole.

kermit.jpg

yo yo record is fucking amazing ro. seriously. it's so cool because it feels like being inside your head when you listen to it. and it's really really interesting lyrically, loads of layers and all. there's so many deadly lines.. 'i'm all of the meantime aching for my sleep' is a belter.

what guitar did you use for the drowning man? such a cool elizabeth cotten sound.

u r cúl.

p.s do you have a girlfriend and what is your favourite colour?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back