The Herring and the Brine (1 Viewer)

yo yo record is fucking amazing ro. seriously. it's so cool because it feels like being inside your head when you listen to it. and it's really really interesting lyrically, loads of layers and all. there's so many deadly lines.. 'i'm all of the meantime aching for my sleep' is a belter.

what guitar did you use for the drowning man? such a cool elizabeth cotten sound.

u r cúl.

p.s do you have a girlfriend and what is your favourite colour?

Thanks bro.

I used my Fender acoustic (DG20S) for the drowning man - it's a fairly thin sounding acoustic which is good for fingerpicking as the notes don't ring out so much. I used a fender resonator guitar on the likes of brother peter, trouble under a murder moon etc.

I'm late to this party, but this is an amazing album. Pity I missed the opportunity to see a live show. Wahhh! Anyway, this is a 3-0 home win on a lovely sunny day of an album.

He's a great footballer too. Is that relevant? Well it is to me. I really must buy this album.. I've been thinking about it for awhile now. Yes. I love the songs on myspace. Ok. Decision made. Bye!

He's a great footballer too. Is that relevant? Well it is to me. I really must buy this album.. I've been thinking about it for awhile now. Yes. I love the songs on myspace. Ok. Decision made. Bye!

Thanks bro :)

Most of the album is played with the outside of my right foot.

I fucking love this album. I've been telling every about it since I got it. My favourite is Restring The Bow but to be honest its all good. In fact on my iPod because that tune is on one of my playlists that I made it appears twice in a row. Which is good because I usually need to hear it twice in a row before hearing the last tune.

Hurrah for short albums, that make sense together.

And fucking hurrah for the use of the opening them at the end of an album - I am complete sucker for that musical gimmick. I also partial to instruments appearing when they get mentioned in the lyrics of a song, but I don't know if that actually happens on this album.

nice review ro...

one gripe though if i may, whats with so so many reviewers using a paragraph of their review space to go on about the "not another singer songwriter" thing only to follow it with "well thats not the case here thankfully" .

lazy pricks. make the review shorter if ya cant think of anything else to say ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back