The Green Party (1 Viewer)

Keeror

Since 2000
Arethe Greens deliberately trying to screw things up in the wake of their best election result ever?

- John Gormley speaking at an SWP rally in a few weeks.
- Chaining themselves to trees, long after the time had passed to influence the O'Connell St. plan.
- Siding with the Nazis, the ultra-Catholics, the SWP (again) on Nice.

I get the feeling they'd be happier writing cranky letters to the editor of the Irish Times than dealing with some modicum of real power.

I'm in the Greens, and I have to admit I'm disillusioned. They've got a terrible party structure.

Exactly.

I'm winning friends with my new slogan for the Greens: "Commies, cut your hair and get a job"

I voted for the Greens in the last election. Quite down the list I must admit - about 5th or 6th choice, but I have to say that yer wan Patricia McKenna has made me think twice about ever voting for them again. I would hope that the Green Party are not a left/right party, but rather a party that would support economic progress and development, while supporting "green" issues. Alas, it seems that they're almost as far left as (spit) Sinn Féin, with Patricia McKenna leading the charge.

Their No Fúcking No stance on Nice was also quite annoying - they got a large vote from the Dun Laoghaire consituency in the last election, yet it was in that constituency that the Yes vote was largest in the country. I imagine a large number of their members voted Yes to Nice...
http://www.unison.ie/features/nicetreaty/stories.php?ca=268&si=851652
According to the Western People , the "‘No’ campaign is only attracting 27% of the Green Party supporters". Also, didn't a prominent Green Party member break ranks before the referendum and complain about the parties stance on Nice. Not to mention the fact that every other European Green Party was pro-Nice...

Personally, I believe the Greens were mainly anti-Nice for publicity reasons.

Originally posted by InsidePoint
Personally, I believe the Greens were mainly anti-Nice for publicity reasons.

Yeah, they haven't quite figured out that getting your picture in the paper and being an effective politician that people will vote for aren't exactly the same thing.
Especially if you've got Patricia McKenna's eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back