The great snaky word-burn (1 Viewer)

"Sheeple" This is one that's bugging the shit out of me lately. It's a horrendously condescending word that's trotted out on a recurrent basis by keyboard warriors, armchair politicians, conspiracy theorists and people who write regular letters to the Metro Herald. If ever a word was going to stop me from making it to the end of a paragraph, that's the one

effect/affect. If you don't know how to use these words then DON'T. I think I mentioned it before (probably in the office speak thread) but "apparent" still features very highly on my list of words I want destroyed.

That's the kind of thing I'm talking about. It's used here to "soften" statements. So if we're pointing out that someone has broken a rule we say that they have "apparently" broken rule blah blah or that there are "apparent" breaches of regulation xy and in the minds of the organisation this somehow means we're not absolutely accusing them. English and how she is abused!

'Boocoo' from the Fench Beaucoup meaning a lot or lots

I had boocoo notifications
I was boocoo slim

I am boocoo retarded

I heard it twice on TV yesterday...is it the 'uber' of 2012?

galore is fine beaucoup isn't

Also "quantum" seems to be in vogue instead of "amount" or "quantity", closet physicists.

"Going forward, reaching such a quantum is a big ask."

'Boocoo' from the Fench Beaucoup meaning a lot or lots

I had boocoo notifications
I was boocoo slim

I am boocoo retarded

I heard it twice on TV yesterday...is it the 'uber' of 2012?

galore is fine beaucoup isn't

I only ever heard it in Full Metal Jacket. Love you long time, boocoo, long time, 5 dollah etc.

"going forward"

i suspect its in the thread already, i'm not checking. Its non communicative. it mostly means 'I want to'. used mostly by cunts.

"going forward"

i suspect its in the thread already, i'm not checking. Its non communicative. it mostly means 'I want to'. used mostly by cunts.

I hate it but I can't remember what the phrase used to be

''From now on'', "In the future'', ''Henceforth"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back