The great snaky word-burn (1 Viewer)

No

pipeline, line of pipe equipped with pumps and valves and other control devices for moving liquids, gases, and slurries (fine particles suspended in liquid).

or in a surfing context

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No

pipeline, line of pipe equipped with pumps and valves and other control devices for moving liquids, gases, and slurries (fine particles suspended in liquid).

or in a surfing context

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I just read an article about how it’s a pejorative term and should be avoided…. When I say “read” I mean I skimmed it and went “fuck this shit” and closed the tab.

I just read an article about how it’s a pejorative term and should be avoided…. When I say “read” I mean I skimmed it and went “fuck this shit” and closed the tab.
Just saw that. real super-specific "main character" vibes- which is itself another phrase we can do without

Also

"Woke"
Just this morning I saw something about "Woke kitchens " and describing a person who said a profoundly stupid thing as "Woke".

It's a shit word anyway but it's lost all meaning

I think it's swung round to having *meaning again. Like woke 1.0 had meaning, 2.0 where it was co-opted by twittter slactivists and 3.0 where it was furniture and vitamins were the meaningless phase.

4.0 has meaning again kinda - in a sort of catch all social justice warrior kinda way - like wokes are now a demographic that A: the tory's don't give a fuck about B: don't give a fuck about the tories and never will or were going to C: because of A + B are reallly easy to manipulate.

So you get stuff like the Rishi Sunak this week - He rolls out and cancels hs2 which is a handy way for him to shore up his oil money and kudos for a few years - then he drops a sentence that was clearly dreamed up by a few giggling tory PR's as they were like 'what is going to drive the wokes up the fucking wall' on the trans topics - that sends the wokes wild (two of my TL's are still people giving out about that) - and now he's rolling along talking about weelllllll Hs2 needs to be privatised to be finished - so he's pulled some thatcher rail privatisation shit on a train that isn't even built, made great inroads for his oil baron friends and within two sentences mobiliised 'the wokes' to talk the spotlight off it.

So it's meaning has moved significantly since 1.0 - but it most certainly has meaning again

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back