• Soft Bulletin

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Yoshimi

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • At War With They Mystic

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
my home life is blighted by faulty stereo equipment at the moment. ripping new cds to my phone is terribly unsatisfactory. it wouldn't kill me to buy a new needle i suppose.

this album (Embryonic, i mean) is starting to get to me now. theres very few songs on it that are particularly brilliant (powerless, evil, one or two others maybe) and a few irritating as fuck ones (I can be a frog, Sagittarius Silver Announcement, silver trembling hands). the mix of raggedy live sounding drums and bass with harsh digital sounding stuff is unsettling but the whole thing seems to work, its like looking at the horizon over a flat landscape and then realising that its actually two dimensional and has warped. has anyone else anything to add?

I actually completely forgot about this album over the winter. I'll have to dig it out. In related news, one of my life goals is to record a reggae version of The Spark That Bled. I've become strangely obsessed with the idea during the last few months.

i only listened once, it was quite good though. it was pretty faithful to the original but still sounded like the flaming lips. i recall us and them being a highlight, whereas on the original it was a rare weak link.

Ah! Somebody already has

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They seem to have given up on making catchy pop songs altogether.

wayne coyne is always posting questionable photos of his missus on twitter

348484166.jpg

They're probably still doing that live (if they are doing it, i dunno) because their records these days are all noisy tuneless fuzzy jams that the yoshimi fans wont buy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back