• Soft Bulletin

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Yoshimi

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • At War With They Mystic

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
17 minutes of She's So Heavy with Nels Cline on guitar! Unfortunately he's not loud enough but still.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Dorothies need a horn thread entry. At Forbidden Fruit I nearly lost my shit altogether staring at them. One in particular had the moves of a free spirit hippy stripper trapped in the body of a god.

Fair fucking play to her.

New collaboration with Bon Iver. The vocals don't seem to be overloaded which is a nice change at this stage
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i'd sooner have Flaming Anal Lips than have to listen to this lot of grebo, paisley, one-trick-wooden-horse, mature student's who can't face the real world, acid casualty, unraveled woolen jumpers and spectacles (spectacles, mind) mended with duct tape, quinoa eating, draft-dodgers!

Has anyone listened to the Heady Fwends album? I'm just going to skip it and wait for the next one - The Terror. Drozd was having the worst drugs hell moment of his life while making it apparently. I thought he was off them since Yoshimi. It's make or break time for me with this band now. If The Terror isn't deadly then I'm out.

Has anyone listened to the Heady Fwends album? I'm just going to skip it and wait for the next one - The Terror. Drozd was having the worst drugs hell moment of his life while making it apparently. I thought he was off them since Yoshimi. It's make or break time for me with this band now. If The Terror isn't deadly then I'm out.

I'm optimistic. Drozd on drugs has equalled awesome Flaming Lips music in the past so hopefully we get some more of that.

USB embedded in blood chocolate hearts for valentines day
81c389945aa911e28ed122000a9f1311_7.jpg

Zaireeka on 4lp for record store day
BAMRFg3CIAIP6hf.jpg:large

sigh

Proper album on the way too, mercifully

i'd sooner have Flaming Anal Lips than have to listen to this lot of grebo, paisley, one-trick-wooden-horse, mature student's who can't face the real world, acid casualty, unraveled woolen jumpers and spectacles (spectacles, mind) mended with duct tape, quinoa eating, draft-dodgers!

i know its not going to win any awards from flaming lips fans, but this was a pretty good post i though.

I listened to Zaireeka for the first time earlier, its deadly, and a shame that it's buried in an almost unplayable format. The mix is very odd, i guess they'd probably have done it differently if they actually mixed it for stereo themselves but as it is it's got a really woozy spaciness (or something). I've resisted the stereo mixes up to now because i wanted to hear it as it was intended. A single stereo mix for vinyl would be lovely but i suppose this record store day edition is going to be 4 lps that have to be played simultaneously. I managed to get three cds synced up for a song or two once but i gave up after that. Pain in the hole it was.

I listened to Zaireeka for the first time earlier, its deadly, and a shame that it's buried in an almost unplayable format. The mix is very odd, i guess they'd probably have done it differently if they actually mixed it for stereo themselves but as it is it's got a really woozy spaciness (or something). I've resisted the stereo mixes up to now because i wanted to hear it as it was intended. A single stereo mix for vinyl would be lovely but i suppose this record store day edition is going to be 4 lps that have to be played simultaneously. I managed to get three cds synced up for a song or two once but i gave up after that. Pain in the hole it was.

I synced them all in garageband and they sound class. I can't remember exactly what I did but I think I panned CD 1 and 4 farthest left and right and 2 and 3 Slightly left and right but it sounds class anyway.

Was anyone else at the "Zaireeka party" in the Thomas house that time ? It sounded god awful.

I imagine that the simplest way would be to rip them and just combine them so that left channel of every cd goes into one left channel and all the rights into the right.

You'd want a good big space to do it properly i reckon, with 8 fairly similar speakers. i saw a pauline oliveros gig once where she mixed herself and a trobone player through 8 speakers. it was fairly rubbish.

is there a 5.1 version of zaireka?

i'm not going to listen to it. just asking. anything you can d with 8 speakers i'd assume you can do with 5.1

I imagine that the simplest way would be to rip them and just combine them so that left channel of every cd goes into one left channel and all the rights into the right.

You'd want a good big space to do it properly i reckon, with 8 fairly similar speakers. i saw a pauline oliveros gig once where she mixed herself and a trobone player through 8 speakers. it was fairly rubbish.

I tried this but your right it get's incredibly cluttered incredibly quickly that why I just panned things. It means sacrificing some sounds but it's so full you can't really tell anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back