• At War With They Mystic

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pantone247

Since 2000
Website
pantone247.blogspot.com
I've been digging Ronald Jones era Lips lately, and while I'm not a huge fan of Yoshimi and feeling that they could be overkilling the whole "dancing bunny, white suits, ain't life a blast" mode, I think there is always something worthwhile in any of their records. Also Stephen Drozd is a genius, his instrumental peices are getting sweeter and sweeter.

[I'm going to have to group some stuff to fit the 10 slots on the poll]

Aye, depending on the whim of my mood depends on which era Fl'ips I like the most. Have been listening to Telepathic Surgery a lot lately but Transmissions or Zaireeka would be my fave. Probably. Went for the former as the latter's one I've only listened to a handful of times with friends.
Disappointed by their last Vicar Street gig too. It's just not as euphoric the seventh time around :p

the soft bulletin is one of my favorite ever albums. some of the others might be more exciting with the guitars and four cds and stuff but for me that was the peak of the song writing

[I'm going to have to group some stuff to fit the 10 slots on the poll]

i think when this happens we should PM all the moderators asking them to add in the extra options (like they do themselves when it suits them) and then the rest of thumped should all use the "report bad post" function to report that the poll is flawed. this will soon get tiresome and we'll be allowed choose our own number of poll options.

last two records were quite average, AWWTM especially.

i thought that was a big improvement on yoshimi (except that ego tripping at the gates of hell is astoundingly good...) especially the one that goes "they see the sun go down but they dont see it rise" and then theres a big guitar riff followed by a really bright and noisy organ section.

this is great, I agree with everything everyone is saying here, rep all round. Theres something for everyone and every mood in their discography.

Clouds Taste Mettalic is probably the most listened to around my way, but I think The Soft Bulleten is probably the strongest album... and yet I'm voting Zaireeka cause I still think it's amazing that someone did that... DVD 5.1 mixes is going to make obselette the sense of cermeony that goes into putting on Zaireeka, and so it goes...

but then Hear It Is is a good romp too... uh...

I've often thought of havng a Zaireeka Party, rent the upstairs of a pub, get 4 kick ass stereos, try and arrange some "visuals", blah blah blah... would people go for it, or would it be and a freaked out bar man listening to out of synhc psych pop in an empty room?

I've often thought of havng a Zaireeka Party, rent the upstairs of a pub, get 4 kick ass stereos, try and arrange some "visuals", blah blah blah... would people go for it, or would it be and a freaked out bar man listening to out of synhc psych pop in an empty room?

you have to do it in a carpark dude.

One of the few bands that got better as they got more commercial. Songs about walting zebras n shit are cool for gettin baked to but the soft bulletin death, transience of love etc. Everyone can relate to that.

Lazybird threatened to do just this and came close once. It would have been perfect.

Lazybird threatened to do just this and came close once. It would have been perfect.

Would've been aces! I think the trick would stopping people getting bored, or feeling self concious after 6 or 7 tracks of just sitting there staring at each other while all audio hell breaks loose... also keeping Gorrillamunch awake... dude slept like a baby thru the freaky dogs barking bit!

I'll put this on my "List Of Things To Do"

was trying to arrange one of those myself ages back in the sugar club. The guy there was into the idea at first then got a bit nervous and said it wouldn't work. It'd be great to do it outdoors somewhere with some seriously loud pa's.

i ripped zaireeka to my pc once and lined up all the tracks so that i could hear what the songs actually sounded like as songs but i chickened out and didnt listen to it coz it felt like cheating. i used sometimes put on one of the cds going to sleep coz it was strange to have silence followed by some random drums then a bass etc

i have a video of them playing one of the songs live, i forget the name of it. deadly song - the one about the commuter

I've done a Zaireeka party. I think the fourth track made some people leave the house, let alone the room. Sounded like one of those crazy Israeli bombs that make you shit.

After that, I think it's the best. Clouds Taste Metallic is the best normal one. But that's largely to do with when I listened to it. And the actual songs held within the album.

Transmissions is the one I listen to most these days. The Post Soft Bulletin ones got way over played in work over the summer. I must get a copy of Clouds again think i awopped it years ago for scream dracula scream or blue weezer.

/ off to albumbase

before he became proper famous, colin murray of radio one and late night tele fame did a couple of zaireeka parties in belfast. they were in a bar called morrison's which is now pretty horrid.
hired a room. brought a pa and 4 cd players. shouted at people et voila!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back