The Exploited (2 Viewers)

Now that the footie is over, I’ve got a proper chance to reply to this……

Back in the 70’s Ronald Reagan came up a policy of reducing the number of unemployable working class youths, with the idea of starting a war and shipping all of these ‘degenerates’ to a far away land to either get killed; or if they survived, to become up-standing re-adjusted citizens when they came home (- right-wing white house logic, not mine).
It also had the added bonus of kick starting the arms industry back home, to produce the weapons for the war. The policy became part of a broader collection of economic ideas by Reagan known as Reaganomics. In fairness it’s not the most original idea in the world, governments and monarchies have been doing this since people have been around.
Anyway....when he became president in 81,’ he tried to implement this part of his policy in Nicaragua, but it never got off the ground, because things were too screwed up there even for the americans. When Margaret Thatcher became Prime Minister in 1979, unemployment in Britain was at an all time high, industries were closing, and basically everything was going tits up. She happened to be close buddies with Reagan at the time, so he suggested to her (in accordance to Home Office records that where realized 25 years after the secrecy rule was lifted), about the idea of starting a war to kick start the U.K. economy. Which is exactly what she did, by rounding up as many so-called degenerates as possible, and shipping them off to the Falklands 13,000 miles away.
Recruitment for ‘the war’ started back as far as ‘78, even though the Falklands hadn’t even been identified as a potential place to go to, for at least another 3 years. The main centres identified for recruiting people, where in all the poorest areas of the U.K. – East London, Cardiff, Glasgow and parts of Edinburgh, which is where our good/bad man Wattie comes in. The policy in these centres was that any person from an ‘undesirable area’ with an ‘undesirable background’ who went into their local job centre, was ‘encouraged’ to join the army as a career. And so found Wattie for right or for wrong in Belfast, (because the Falklands deal hadn’t been finalized by then),

All of the above is probably complete bullshit of course, but Wattie went on to articulate the whole thing in The Exploited album, amply titled:
‘Let’s Start A War – Said Maggie One Day’!

…… jaysus, I’m one smug bastard:p

TBH the idea of the 'economic draft' has never settled well with me, Wattie could've done a whole host of other things if he couldn't get a job, even illegal shit such as robbing cars or selling drugs both in my mind are preferable to joining the army and going to serve in an occupied territory.

TBH the idea of the 'economic draft' has never settled well with me, Wattie could've done a whole host of other things if he couldn't get a job, even illegal shit such as robbing cars or selling drugs both in my mind are preferable to joining the army and going to serve in an occupied territory.

I couldn't agree more with you. But when you're 16 or 17 you mightn't have the sense to see that. Then I don't know, I've been lucky enough never to have been put in that situation.

Thousands disagree with you about them been awful, after all they have been around since day dot and still sell tickets. This doesn't mean that they are awful etc::)
nothing like popular opinion to show me how my tastes are wrong, same goes for being around 'back in the day'

U2band.jpg

this doesn't mean they are awful etc::)

!6/17 my arse! You see it in Glasgow and Belfast too, there are some little cunts that are shifty as fuck as early as 15. If Wattie wanted it he could have perfectly gone down the road of petty criminality at 16/17. Plus, as someone said, it doesn't take a degree to realize there is plenty better stuff to do than the army.
If the joined the army he most probably did a volountary choice. And even if he was poor, no one ever pointed a gun to his head and told him to join, did they?

good music, shady fucking backround so fucking what .. im still going to see them,

i also support man city.... preach at me bout our chairman, i dont care it's not gonna stop me liking them, blah blah blah blah blah.

QFT the lot of yis it's boring now, 17 pages of is he or isn't he

Are people not sick to fuckin death tryin ta out Nazis on the internet, theres enough real fuckin fash around without having to find two or three dodgey photos or hearing dodgy rumours , same shit as that condemded 84 shite a few years ago. there no shortage of actual nazis around. Wattie is obviously not the worlds sharpest sandwich, but theres plenty of photos goin round of mensi wearin swastikas from the early days too, yad hardly accuse him of being fash

mensi on swastikas:
Mensi was attacked in the street by an old woman outraged by his swastika armband: 'She set about me with her umbrella. I tried to tell her it doesn't mean anything, we only do it to annoy people but she wouldn't listen. So I ran away.'

mensi on northern ireland:
Do you think the Army should pull out of Northern Ireland?
Mensi:
I haven't got the answer, I'm not intelligent to say whether they should pull out, but someone should do something instead of pissing about and arguing amongst themselves, cos kids are still getting killed. Send Tony Gordon (Sham Rejects Upstarts manager) over there, he'd sort 'em out, put them on a weekly wage that they couldn't afford to live on. With 25 pounds per week they wouldn't have enough money to buy bombs or guns. Or send Jimmy Pursey over to talk them to sleep, and Garry Bushell, he'd scare 'em with his spots, I've never seen anybody with so many spots as Bushell, Acne Bracket, Acne Bracket Bushell.

Do you like him?
Mensi:
No, not really (long pause) he's to spotty, he's really ugly. Do you know why he slags me off all the time, 'cos he's jealous of my good looks. Like when Charlie Harper compared our bands in your last issue he forgot to mention that I'm the prettiest man in punk rock.

Sticks Diary was a classic song for lyrics by the Upstarts.
About one of their former drummers who left because of a woman.....Upstarts ripped him to bits.

Are people not sick to fuckin death tryin ta out Nazis on the internet, theres enough real fuckin fash around without having to find two or three dodgey photos or hearing dodgy rumours , same shit as that condemded 84 shite a few years ago. there no shortage of actual nazis around. Wattie is obviously not the worlds sharpest sandwich, but theres plenty of photos goin round of mensi wearin swastikas from the early days too, yad hardly accuse him of being fash

i'm not really concerned particularly whether wattie believes this or that, i'm just dealing with the fact that he was a squaddie cunt :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back