The European Leagues 2013-14 Thread (3 Viewers)

From tonight's madrid derby

7jz1.gif

This is why Real will probably win the league and an example of what the big problem in european football is really. Athletico don't have the squad or the money to compete, played well on wednesday rotated the squad tonight and are fucking dreadful. Ironically Barca have the money but haven't spent it well.

Real play some great football, sure, but really they have a solid squad full of good players and when they rotate it they manage to put out a solid team. Uninspiring at times but consistent.

Chelski are the same, United used to be Bayern are just on a different planet at the moment but no one in Germany could compete in three competitions with their squad. There's just so many "Big" matches in a season that is becomes too much for the upper mid-level sides.

Huge Madrid derby next week.

My team would play some great stuff if I could spend that amount of money on them!
You have to spend well, they have. Bale's ridiculous price tag aside (Although he is doing okay, but only okay) The stand outs this season have been Modric and Di Maria (To be fair they cost nearly as much as Everton's first team) The latter looks like a different player since he's had to scrap it out with Bale for a place. Ironically he's playing with Bale in a 4-3-3 most of the time. I'm glad he's doing well considering he was treated pretty poorly during the whole Gareth Bale signing fiasco.

Ronaldo, Alonso and Benzema are just quality players. Every time I've seen them Pepe and Ramos have been quietly effective, Pepe winding up Diego Costa was a masterclass in gamesmanship, but he kept his cool when he needed to.

I say this of course without ever saying "maybe they've turned the corner in their careers and matured" Because let's face it they're both total knackers.

You have to spend well, they have. Bale's ridiculous price tag aside (Although he is doing okay, but only okay) The stand outs this season have been Modric and Di Maria (To be fair they cost nearly as much as Everton's first team) The latter looks like a different player since he's had to scrap it out with Bale for a place. Ironically he's playing with Bale in a 4-3-3 most of the time. I'm glad he's doing well considering he was treated pretty poorly during the whole Gareth Bale signing fiasco.

Ronaldo, Alonso and Benzema are just quality players. Every time I've seen them Pepe and Ramos have been quietly effective, Pepe winding up Diego Costa was a masterclass in gamesmanship, but he kept his cool when he needed to.

I say this of course without ever saying "maybe they've turned the corner in their careers and matured" Because let's face it they're both total knackers.

What do you think of that Jesse kid? I haven't seen much of him but I keep up with la liga via Sid Lowe's excellent "The Spanish Football Podcast" and he gets talked up a lot.

What do you think of that Jesse kid? I haven't seen much of him but I keep up with la liga via Sid Lowe's excellent "The Spanish Football Podcast" and he gets talked up a lot.
He's got lots going for him alright, incredible pace, strength mostly though really great feet. He's a bit like Callejon V2.0 he just seems a better all round player.

It's understandable the way one member of a coaching staff can make such a difference to the whole club. Liam Brady has obviously had a massive influence on Jack Wilshire for example and you can see how there's clearly someone at Everton who moulds a certain type of player, given Barclay and Rooney's similarity to each other. Deulofeu is another of those Barca lads who's come off the Ineasta production line.

I know he's only been involved for a short time but Jesse, Illiamendi and Morrata all look like they've trained with Zidane a good bit and really paid attention. Illarmendi and Morratta aren't the same type of player but they are getting the feet (If you get me) It's hard to explain but the way they use the ball is really like him. They don't over play it but Jese especially just glides around with that assured self confidence that Zidane had. Now there's a compliment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back