The European Leagues 2013-14 Thread (1 Viewer)

Might watch some NFL to bide my time.

Unfortunately the really good NFL game tonight starts at 1:30 AM. 49ers, with one of the 2 most exciting players in the league, vs Seattle who I thought were the most enjoyable team to watch last season.

Giants/Broncos is on around 9, Manning vs Manning.

Unfortunately the really good NFL game tonight starts at 1:30 AM. 49ers, with one of the 2 most exciting players in the league, vs Seattle who I thought were the most enjoyable team to watch last season.

Giants/Broncos is on around 9, Manning vs Manning.
Might give that alook anything on at 6 ?

West Ham vs Southampton is pretty much exactly like what you'd expect. I said that I hate kick and rush football but I can respect it. West Hams ambition to win the ball high up the field vs Southamptons ambition to play out from the back has it stuck as a grinding stalemate at the moment. Saint's just starting getting the better of it at the moment.

Big test for Everton next week, West Ham are the kind of side that Martinez struggles to beat. Ones that don't need much of the ball to score goals.

Bears Vikings maybe, localish derby, Adrian Peterson is currently the best RB in the league, nearly broke the season rushing record last year.
Ta.

West Ham cannot score. They had absolutely nothing up front. Southampton play good football and Osvaldo looks a decent signing, but for Jussi it could have been 3-0. West Ham dropped deeper in the 2nd half and it never got going. Poor enough.

Every game I watch today has been over before it started. Betis destroyed Valencia within half an hour and now I'm watching Santos vs Botafogo it's 2-0 to Botafogo after 12 minutes. Fuck sake.

Edit: Actually they do things differently on Brazilian TV it's actually 15 minutes into the second half. I missed the whole first half so. Fuck it can't see Santos coming back.

Ended 2-1. Weird watching the Brazilian version of stoppagetime. Free kick in the opposition half with 2 minutes left, they put the ball down take it short and try to build something. No Centre halves legging it forward. Weirdly feeble in a way. T'was open for the last 20 minutes after Santos pulled one back, a screamer from 27 metres no less.

That's it for me.

A load of fucking cock, switched over to Elche - Real as the Arsenal game ended. Elche equalised in injury time and then even deeper into it Pepe went down in the box from a corner, both he and the marker were pulling shirts. Ref awards incredibly soft spot kick. Ronaldo scores to win.

Just saw the first Real goal, Ronaldo free, that he won from a dive.

A load of fucking cock, switched over to Elche - Real as the Arsenal game ended. Elche equalised in injury time and then even deeper into it Pepe went down in the box from a corner, both he and the marker were pulling shirts. Ref awards incredibly soft spot kick. Ronaldo scores to win.

Just saw the first Real goal, Ronaldo free, that he won from a dive.

They've been relatively poor every time I've seen them this season. They're really missing Alonso badly.

Atletico Madrid have been terrific tonight. They're battering Real and should be 3 or 4 up. Just a goal in it with 5 to go.

Diego Costa has been brilliant for them.

The young guy, Morata came on for Real and did well. Great prospect if the club gives him enough game time.

Atletico Madrid have been terrific tonight. They're battering Real and should be 3 or 4 up. Just a goal in it with 5 to go.

Diego Costa has been brilliant for them.

The young guy, Morata came on for Real and did well. Great prospect if the club gives him enough game time.
I've been saying it for a while but they do play like a top 4 PL side. They were great tonight in the first half but even when Real tried to switch gears in the 2nd half Athletico's midfield and defence were so well drilled and unlike some top Pl sides they're comfortable and even more rarely quite brave on the ball. Obviously it's early days, but they have such a settled nucleus, a well drilled way of playing and some really good players. Add that to the fact that Real and Barca are in a state of flux (again) they could be in with a shout. It was similar in 1995-96.

I hope they get to knock seven bells out of a PL side in the CL.

Diego Simeone looks like a gangster at a wedding.
tomwaits.jpg

Diego+Simeone+Atletico+de+Madrid+v+Real+Madrid+mju9FwimWXsx.jpg

Barcelona just haven't been able to get near Osasuna's goal at the moment. Neymar has been brilliant, but if I was defending against him, That is if I could get near him, I wouldn't be that worried by him, he's far too light. Knocking Messi off the ball is like trying to play sumo at 30 mph but a few times Neymar has slalomed passed a few players only to meet a defenders shoulder and bounce of it like he was made of rubber and feathers.

Good times.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Scum versus scum

this is what it's like to support a real club.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Now that was good times.

The derby today was excellent, lot's of goals and full of blood and thunder, grand.

But in comparison to Dortmund vs Bayern the only way to describe it is that the Everton and Liverpool are two nimble middle weights trading blows.

This is like two brilliant heavyweights slugging it out. Jesus the Dortmund fans will really fucking hate Goetze now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back