The European Leagues 2013-14 Thread (1 Viewer)

Bayern are fucking terrifying.

To be fair though Dortmund are missing so many players that the result is a bit flattering but even so Bayern are just a joy to watch. How has Lahm never won the ballon d'or ?

Last edited:
I'm picking 'em brilliantly at the moment. Napoli vs Inter last week had everything. This week Dortmund vs Hertha is shaping up nicely. BVB attacking the yellow wall went 1-0 up looked in control. Then Hertha started to do their best BVB impression, pressing and attacking at pace two Dprtmund defensive mistakes and two excellent finishes later it's 2-1. Really good pace to the game. 2nd half just started.

2nd half there was a bit of a slog. BVB did their best impersonation of Arsenal at their worst while Berlin sat in and kept it tight. Towards the end Dortmund lost their shape completely and started hitting long balls into the box. They really miss Ilkay Gundogan. The last minute of injury time was ridiculous, Dortmund got a corner right in front of the Hetha supporters who just threw bottles at the corner taker until hhe walked away. Eventually Hertha players had to beg them to stop and when the corner was taken and cleared the whistle went. Weird ending to a game alright.

Went for Fulham City after that, which was excellent, Negrado's cross for Milners goal was amazing.

Now watching Levante vs Athletico. It seems possible to score against Atlethico. All you have to do is defend in your own box for ages and then run in a straight line through their defence. 2-2 at the moment, probably more goals in this one. Levante are lucky to be level really.

I'm on a roll, 3-2 in the end decent game, hillarious red card at the end as Juanfran of Levante (not Athletico) and Luis Fillipe try to out cheat each other in the box. Fillipe's dive was more convincing and Juanfran walked. Ah de lanitz yis bunch of cheating bastards. To be fair there should have been a red card earlier when a Levante player tried to cut Diego Costa in half to stop a break.

11 goals in the matches I watched today. Daycent altogether.

The last minute of injury time was ridiculous, Dortmund got a corner right in front of the Hetha supporters who just threw bottles at the corner taker until hhe walked away. Eventually Hertha players had to beg them to stop and when the corner was taken and cleared the whistle went. Weird ending to a game alright.
Hertha Berlin fans are nazi scum so no surprise there really

BdolD7rCMAIoEhj.jpg

La segunda classico. Can Athletico win La Liga ?

Yup.

Made the better chances, robust, energetic, committed and they have good players. I've been saying it for a while but they play like the best classic English PL side to never exit. 4-4-2 high tempo. It the question was could Barca play against tough english sides like Stoke or Mourinho Chelski week in week out and look impressive. Tonight proved that A. they can but B. they never looked like scoring. Athletico looked comfortable for long periods Looking forward to Real's response tomorrow.

Shit is getting real lads.

La segunda classico. Can Athletico win La Liga ?

Yup.

Made the better chances, robust, energetic, committed and they have good players. I've been saying it for a while but they play like the best classic English PL side to never exit. 4-4-2 high tempo. It the question was could Barca play against tough english sides like Stoke or Mourinho Chelski week in week out and look impressive. Tonight proved that A. they can but B. they never looked like scoring. Athletico looked comfortable for long periods Looking forward to Real's response tomorrow.

Shit is getting real lads.

Turan had a terrific game. Am a fan.

Turan had a terrific game. Am a fan.
Been a fan for a while, he's got great feet and everyone at Athletico has a huge engine. Deadly beard too.

Neymar and Messi were very poor. Both of them wanted to occupy the same space and everything Barca did was one dimensional even more so than usual. On the other hand was it just me or did Mascherano and Pique look pretty solid ? I mean like an actual centre half partnership ?

I know, I'm freaked out too.

A team with him and Vidal in the side would be tough to beat. Great workrate, attacking threat. Not especially spectacular but really effective.
Javi Martinez, Phillip Lahm and Bastian Schwienstiger still exist so fuck it why bother even trying.

Why didn't anyone make a bigger effort to sign Luiz gustavo when Bayern decided to let him go ? Fine player.

Watching Real Ossasuna in the Copa Del Rey, Are Real the only side on earth where they're at the their most dangerous the closer the opposition get to a scoring position ?

Case in point tonight, Ossasuna on the attack 20 yards out from goal and looking reasonably comfortable 9 seconds later Real have scored. It's hugely impressive.

Arturo Vidal and to be honest, hard to disagree with.
Says a man who owes his whole style to Roy Keane. He has to prove that he's the best in the PL though, that's where his style belongs The pace of the game in Italy makes him look great and he did it against Chelski last season in the CL but look at who he's playing beside, Even I could look good in that midfield, all you have to do is get the ball back and give it to Andrea the quarter back Pirlo. Glenn Whelan would look world class in that midfield.

Okay he does more than that, but seriously how many players has Pirlo made look amazing over the years ? Gattusso for a start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back