The Engineers? (1 Viewer)

their album is good, melodic like. it reminds me of spiritualized or maybe pink floyd.
the hacks have been comparing it to some of the shoegazing bands such as slowdive. surprise surprise; lazy journalism.
sure its only 13.99 in tower, treat yourself.

Jaker said:
Yo, any use are they?

Jaker said:
I know that! But like, are they a nice bunch of guys?
i'm an engineer (supposedly anyway) but i'm a cunt. this guy seems cool though ...

Engineer turns up rap, hip-hop beats to lure students

2-3-05

By Nicole Wong, Knight Ridder News Service
News & Record

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- There's gangsta rap. And now, there's geeksta rap.

It's all because of Rajeev Bajaj, a 39-year-old chemical engineer from Fremont, Calif., who is either going to become the def jammer of the science and technology domain or the poster boy for excruciatingly embarrassing nerdiness.

Bajaj recently spent $15,000 of his own money forming an independent record label and hiring musicians to perform four rap and hip-hop songs he wrote in praise of the engineering profession. He hopes his debut album, "Geek Rhythms," will convince America that engineers indeed are cool.

Success is not to be measured by recouping his costs, Bajaj said, nor by selling out the 1,000 CDs he produced. Bajaj is more interested in luring high school students into technical fields with lyrics such as:

"I made the calculator and computer, too,

cause math is not something everybody can do ...

I am an engineer.

Respect my mind. So bow down when u see me downtown."

http://www.news-record.com/news/local/geeksta_music_020305.htm

here's one of his tracks ... http://www.rlpkrecords.com/enjoy_the_ride.mp3

inspiring shit indeed

I got the album in Tower two weeks ago and really like it.

They got compared to Brian Eno and Sigur Ros in loads of reviews but I don't hear it myself more like the Doves and MBV in their quieter moments or Mercury Rev.

I purchased it along with the yourcodenameis:MILO album so I had two albums to match my two moods angry and meloncholic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back