The Dark Knight Rises (includes spoilers) (2 Viewers)

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Someone didn't like it.

Batman US cinema shooting: Fourteen dead in Denver
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18921492

Nicole Williams, Swedish Medical Center: ''Patients all listed with gun shot wounds''
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

Denver cinema shooting Live
At least 14 people have been killed in a shooting at a Batman film premiere in the US city of Denver, police say.

About 50 people have been injured in the incident at the cinema complex in the suburb of Aurora.

Witnesses say a gunman wearing a gas mask opened fire during a midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises.

A man was arrested in a car park nearby in possession of a rifle and hand-gun. He told police that explosives were stored at his home.

Police chief Dan Oates told reporters that an apartment block in the north of Aurora had been evacuated as a consequence of that information.

More weapons may have been left in the cinema, he said.

'No terrorism link'
The incident at the Century 16 cinema complex began at approximately 00:30 local time (06:30 GMT).

"Witnesses tell us he released some sort of canister. They heard a hissing sound and some gas emerged and the gunman opened fire," the police chief said.

An eyewitness said the man was dressed all in black wearing a riot helmet, bullet proof vest and goggles
"The shooting apparently went on for some time," he said.

Ten people were killed at the cinema and four others died later at hospital of their wounds, he said.

The FBI, which is working with the police, say there is no terrorism link so far in their investigations, ABC reports.

Many ambulances at the scene and the Swedish Medical Center, not the area's main hospital, told the BBC it had received several gunshot victims and expected more.

One witness said a man in a bullet-proof vest and riot helmet had been "slowly making his way up the stairs and just firing - picking random people".

An eyewitness told the BBC that about 30 or 40 minutes into the film a man came into the right-hand exit nearest the front row.

"I'm pretty sure wearing [a] mask. He fired a canister into the air - it could have been a smoke bomb or tear gas," the woman, identified only as Pam, told the BBC.

"It shot it right into the air, then I started to hear the bang, bang, bang of a gun.

"I crawled my way through the row, luckily the exit was close to where I was sitting so I got out pretty fast. I heard more shots as I left," she said.

A witness in the next-door theatre told 9News that when he heard loud bangs and a lot of smoke and initially thought they were live special effects put on by the cinema.

Projectiles came through the wall from the neighbouring screening, he said.

So I watched the first two last night in preparation for seeing it this afternoon. Was VG, but the middle one is by far the best of the 3.

So I watched the first two last night in preparation for seeing it this afternoon. Was VG, but the middle one is by far the best of the 3.

Pretty much yeah.

The tension that was built up for latter half was incredible.

and let down by that awful ending. Christonabike so much facepalm action in such a short time

Full text at link.

Understanding the Colorado Shooting: Terrorism, Politics, Mental Illness and the Superhero Complex
http://www.alternet.org/newsandview...cs,_mental_illness_and_the_superhero_complex/

In Friday’s Colorado movie theatre shooting rampage the suspect is described as a “Lone Wolf” terrorist. What does that mean? How does it fit into the overall picture of terrorism as portrayed in the corporate media? Media coverage of domestic terrorism is not covering the whole story. Since the election of President Barack Obama, there have been a series of deadly terrorist incidents in the United States, some clearly politically-motivated, others more obscure—in which individuals have reached the breaking point and acted out in violence; often cloaking themselves in the armor of a delusional Superhero Complex in which they are a hero or antihero for their terrorist attacks.

The claim of mental illness in a terrorist is often used incorrectly, and sometimes used to dismiss any societal motivating factors in a violent act.

The US government considers “eco-terrorism” the greatest terrorist threat in our country. The evidence suggests this is not the case. Most people who struggle with mental illness do not act out in violence. Some convicted terrorists said to be “obviously” mentally ill do not have a diagnostic condition recognized by the medical community; while juries convict terrorists who display clear signs of mental distress. What if the few terrorists who are mentally ill are like the mine canaries, warning us of something toxic spreading the fumes of anxiety through our society?

Even the definition of the term terrorism is hotly disputed and politically-biased. Not all acts of violence—even political violence—are necessarily forms of terrorism. A broad generic definition of terrorism is using force or the threat of force to harm or intimidate civilians to advance a political or social objective. Using this definition, terrorism can be carried out by individuals, groups, or states. It can be a methodology used by the weak against the powerful, or the powerful against the weak. It can be aimed at persons or property. Using this definition, in the Middle East, suicide bombers targeting Jews and Israelis and the Israeli government shelling of Palestinian towns are both acts of terrorism.

The U.S. government rejects this definition in favor of one that assumes nation states cannot be engaged in terrorism. This is self-serving, since it excludes from “terrorism” US drone attacks that kill non-combatant citizens in foreign countries. It also excludes the World War II carpet bombing of the German city of Dresden in February 1945, and the dropping of atomic bombs on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in August 1945.

A “Lone Wolf” terrorist is a person who has no current or past ties to an organized group advocating political violence. Such people are very hard for government authorities to track, thus their acts of terrorism are almost impossible to stop. The Lone Wolf uses a form of terrorism called “Leaderless Resistance.” Organized groups or cells can use Leaderless Resistance, but it is accurate to use that term only if every member of the cell has never participated in another organized group dedicated to political violence as a current or future goal. The concept of “Leaderless Resistance” is often attributed to right-wing racist Louis Beam, a neonazi icon and ideologue in the United States. Even Beam correctly notes that the concept was developed by a former CIA operative, Colonel Ulius Louis Amoss, a dedicated anticommunist who sought to improve the success of US agents building espionage cells in European countries occupied by the Soviet Union. Beam, on the other hand, implied it would be an effective way to build underground cells by White supremacists in the United States.

my conclusion to batman us cinema shooting: someone danced with the the headcases girfriend,he flipped and killed everyone.

I enjoyed parts of it but I have no desire to go see it again unlike the last one. Saw it in the BFI IMAX which was pretty cool though.

The one liners were disappointing
The baddie Bane had no endearing qualities - unlike say Heath Ledger
I can't even remember what happened to Bane
I preferred Marion Cotillard in Midnight in Paris
Anne Hathaway is extremely attractive

Boring. And stupid. And lazy. And boring.
The ageing, weary Bat was the ONLY real prospect for dramatic tension...and they pissed it away on Waynes dickie leg and him pining over Rachael Darko....still!!
Alfreds endless wise-ass retorts were reason enough to sack him....his emotional display at the end was.....laughable.
Bane was me hoop. Cat....gorgeous hoop..well played hoop!

The first was grand...just; the 2nd was a gobsmacking treat w the dead or alive Ledger giving, I suspect, way more gravity than even Nolan anticipated; and this was totally unrewarding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back