the concept (2 Viewers)

Re: Pantone

Originally posted by Burgerbarbaby
Pantone,

The book I read seemed to be pretty exhaustive on the subject of predicting acoustics, the guy seemed to have done a lot of successful projects himself. He concluded that for any shape - outside of a simple shoebox shape - the maths just isn't there to work out all the factors involved, and accurate prediction of how a shape will behave acoustically is haphazard at best.
The book is mostly pretty fascinating, is's called Acoustics by Leo L. Beranek

uh didn't mean to come off so strong there, sorry fella.... its interesting, my mind, she boggles... I would've thought there would've been ways of getting a pretty good idea of what will happen and how to deal with it. Or at least try and deal with it (hint: turn down the bass and cut some mids) I know factories have to follow pretty stringent rules on buildings that will have loud machines and people in the same place.

I've tried to read about Acoustics before, but I get lost really quickly with all the maths and stuff.

Altough I would have to say it appears MCD have not bothered their hole to make even the most rudimentry attempts to sort out there problems in the Ambassador, as the sound is so so so constantly off the mark.

And that balcony... even my cat knows thats going to cause problems for the people below it. its very very low compared to the ceiling.

fannies were fucking rappa as per usual but why did so many fuckers feel the need to spend 20 odd quid on a ticket merely to chat through the whole thing? Most irritating.

Re: Re: Pantone

Originally posted by Pantone247

And that balcony... even my cat knows thats going to cause problems for the people below it. its very very low compared to the ceiling.

oh and the sound was bollix in there when it was a cinema as well, plus the smell of mildew and frigid air when you come through the main door does not a nice venue make. The roof leaks too and I ended up with a wet arse at QOTSA from the fact the seats were soaked. Sigh.

why did so many fuckers feel the need to spend 20 odd quid on a ticket merely to chat through the whole thing?

i don't know, but their kind seem to turn up in force at almost every gig i go to these days. i mean, they don't just do idle "do you want a pint?" "oh, this is a great one" chitchat, but full-scale conversations about, eg, the lovely sleeping bag they just bought.

that said, the other extreme isn't great either. i was once at a smog gig that was so reverent that people turned round and glared at me for putting my pint down too loudly.

Originally posted by minka
why did so many fuckers feel the need to spend 20 odd quid on a ticket merely to chat through the whole thing?

i don't know, but their kind seem to turn up in force at almost every gig i go to these days. i mean, they don't just do idle "do you want a pint?" "oh, this is a great one" chitchat, but full-scale conversations about, eg, the lovely sleeping bag they just bought.

that said, the other extreme isn't great either. i was once at a smog gig that was so reverent that people turned round and glared at me for putting my pint down too loudly.

here, monday night was the best behaved audience ever. and it deffo wasn't reverance. it was listening. honest to goodness listening. if you go to a gig on a monday, you're obviously there for the gig. monday gigs rule.

Originally posted by kirstie
they were just speechless what with the staring at you, probably

well. yes. obviously. buh i was also standing in the crowd meself when donal and carol did the encore and it was onny massive with the quietness.

...yeah the reverence thing sucks just as much...I mean it is rock and roll after all..not a fucking library..I don't give a toss if people talk while I'm playing..I'll just turn up to 11 then theyhave to listen.

Originally posted by snakybus
Monday is the new Saturday, non?

if yer loud bollixes like us saturday is yer man.

quiet girl music for mondays. deffo.

i'm getting fed up of going to the ugc and having foreign jonnies talking at full pelt over the film, explaining whats going on to each other.
almost everytime i've been there recently

Originally posted by dudley
i'm getting fed up of going to the ugc and having foreign jonnies talking at full pelt over the film, explaining whats going on to each other.
almost everytime i've been there recently

Go back to stormfront, nazi.

Haha. On't subject of Gerry Love, Leagues booked him and two Pastels to DJ in Vicar Street, then fecked off to the US leaving me to look after them. Couldn't have met nicer people. That Gerry Love had been talking about some Evie Sands single to me. 2 weeks later it turns up in me post.
Shocking nice.

Staying at home, hiding under your bed, listening to taped copies of your own cds on your walkman at very low volume is the new rock 'n' roll

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
anyone get the new best of yet?
It'll be €22 for 21 songs, 18 of which I own already

are the new ones any good?

get it off cdwow.ie for €13.95 including postage like

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back