The best thing I've done today... (1 Viewer)

Bladez

...is take my network adapter out of my laptop. I've got so much done. Its amazing how much time reading e-mail and surfing can take up. E-mail is always there if you want to be distracted. Not having the option means you can concentrate for longer periods of time. I recommend it to anyone who can get away with it. I'm ready to embrace an internet free work life!

...is take my network adapter out of my laptop. I've got so much done. Its amazing how much time reading e-mail and surfing can take up. E-mail is always there if you want to be distracted. Not having the option means you can concentrate for longer periods of time. I recommend it to anyone who can get away with it. I'm ready to embrace an internet free work life!

If I did that I'd get my weeks work done in a day

Try it! You feel free. Cut off from the rest of the world. No internet is the new internet.

My work life ends at 6pm every evening :) I shall try to cut down on my internet use in my free time too. Seriously though, when I think of the number of hours I spend circling through the same websites on the internet and checking mail, its frightening.

My work life ends at 6pm every evening :) I shall try to cut down on my internet use in my free time too. Seriously though, when I think of the number of hours I spend circling through the same websites on the internet and checking mail, its frightening.

Is the internet a better or worse thing to do than watch tv?
In your opinion

Is the internet a better or worse thing to do than watch tv?
In your opinion

It depends what you do with it. If you, like me, spend your time circling through the same types of pages, acquiring very little new information - then no, it probably isn't.

Thanks for the support snakybus.

But, yeah, this thread isn't really about me. Its more about internet/web browsing addiction in general.

Does nobody else find themselves wasting away their days browsing the web? Or is it just me?

I'd find another way, I used to see if I could balance my chair perfectly on it's hind legs while studying for the leaving cert

there's always a biography of your favourite musician to browse for hours

Thanks for the support snakybus.

But, yeah, this thread isn't really about me. Its more about internet/web browsing addiction in general.

Does nobody else find themselves wasting away their days browsing the web? Or is it just me?

Yeah, BUT, I've found lots and lots of useful stuff. Stuff I would have absolutely no idea about without the net. And some of it is actually useful too.
There's been tonnes of days wasted too.

I think in my last days of college I hid my wireless card. Didn't hold out too long though.

But sure fairplay to you gasún!

Maybe you're right. Maybe all that's going to happen is one distraction will be replaced by another.

Yeah, BUT, I've found lots and lots of useful stuff. Stuff I would have absolutely no idea about without the net. And some of it is actually useful too.
There's been tonnes of days wasted too.

I think in my last days of college I hid my wireless card. Didn't hold out too long though.

But sure fairplay to you gasún!

Ah yeah. I really need it to find certain information. My problem is that I use the internet when I don't need it. Just pointless browsing.

My idea is to place the wireless card far enough away such that the worthiness of the information I wish to find out > effort taken to get the card.

I'm really trying to cut down on time spent online and also making sure the time isn't replaced with watching tv.

My house mate watches enough tv for the both of us, so she does. I avoid the living room at all costs because there is always some type of soap on. However, I probably quadruple the time she spends on the internet.

I held off on getting wireless broadband for ages because that way, being on the internet meant sitting only where I could plug it in, and the chair wasn't that comfortable. That didn't do much except aggravate my bursitis.

I got a fair bit done after I moved and had to use dialup for ages, but yeah, you do find other distractions. I have to use it, too, but not to the extent that I do. Most people like following tangents, but they never end with the internerd.

On more than one occasion, I've got to the end of the day and realised that things didn't get done because I'd spent a bit too much time googling "cute basset hound puppy" or "chimpanzee bellhop" or "trained bear costume frenzy". I'm pretty sure that's like the internet version of drinking cough syrup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back