The best thing about Dublin (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pad
  • Start date
  • Replies 140
  • Views 19K
  • Watchers 6
dublin zoo is the grimmest fucking hole of a place i've ever been in. depressed orangutangs, spastic gorillas bashing their heads on the walls, monkeys exposed on tiny islands surrounded by fanta fuelled little shitheads roaring oo-oo-ah-ah at them. you could say all zoo's are like this, but dublin is that much shitter than average.

come on, have you seen the penguin enclosure ffs? like a garden pond. and when an animal starts rocking back and forth all day like the 'tangs and gorillas, that's a sign of madness/depression.

I know that but I've never seen any of the animals doing that in Dublin zoo. When was the last time you were there?

I feel fairly ambivalent about zoos in general but I would say Dublin zoo is one of the better ones

i was there last year and saw the rocking orangutangs and the gorilla was curled up in a ball rocking in the corner. the gorillas see-through walls had huge cracks all over it from what i can only imagine was the gorilla hurling shit at people. if you want to see a decent "zoo" go to fota.

oh good christ, Cork person likes Cork zoo more

Froog, I'm disappointed in you

No, I didn't say I did. I was saying Dublin Zoo isn't the monstrous one flew over the cuckoos nest for animals you describe it as

on a more positive note, phoenix park is most definately the best thing about dublin, something to be proud of and something everyone can enjoy (except the zoo).

I feel fairly ambivalent about zoos in general but I would say Dublin zoo is one of the better ones

Have to agree with this. I was in Dublin zoo a few years ago and then Berlin zoo a few months later and Dublin zoo was far, far better. I didn't see any sign of animals rocking or looking mistreated in Dublin zoo, unlike in Berlin where the state of the elephants in particular was really depressing:( I've never been to Fota so can't comment on it.

John's right about Dublin zoo, it's hugely improved in the last few years.
I was talking to someone from the DSPCA a while ago and she said that they were happy with the way it's been going.
If the animals are happy they breed, and there's been loads of new arrivals there recently.

actually the last time i was there, the highlight of the day was a guy wearing a "if found return to pub" t-shirt.

u2-zoo-tv2.jpg

hmmm. theres a vote for an zu corcaigh right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back